Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Omega50 or Encore? >

TC Omega50 or Encore?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Omega50 or Encore?

Old 11-10-2003, 10:19 PM

Default TC Omega50 or Encore?

I like both, I dont have any Rifles so the flexability of Encore Attractive however it is pricy.I see barels selling for 200$+.

Is the flexibility of the Encore worth the cash.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:02 AM

Default RE: TC Omega50 or Encore?

If you only want the encore to ML hunt of course not. However if you need a centerfire rifle or have always wanted a single shoot rifle its more then worth it. Warning however its not $200. more, its alot higher then that cause once you start buying barrels you cant stop (like eating potato chips). My weatherby and .270 mountain rifle now sit in my gun safe cause I cant put down my encore with either its 7mm/o8 or 7mm mag barrels. Funnest rifle to shoot I have ever had and a tack-driver.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my never to be humble opinion get the Omega. By the time you buy other barrels, and put scopes on them, the Encore is no bargain. You can buy used rifles for less in most gun shops or pawn shops.

I have an Encore, but if I had it to do over I would have saved myself some cash and bought something else. That being said, it is a very accurate rifle. Just overpriced in my opinion.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:26 PM

I spent the extra clams on the Encore and I still have to spend more to get it shooting right (it has a loose hinge pin). If I had bought the Omega there' d be no hinge pin to worry about.
I would probably go with the Omega if I had it to do over.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:34 PM

I have the omega and love it. It think it may be my favorite gun.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I have an Omega and haven' t any regrets about it. The idea of a bunch of different barrels for the same gun don' t interest me, I would rather have have different guns. If I want to shoot something different I just grab one of the other guns. Plus it makes the vault look nicer.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:19 AM

Thanks guys I ended up with CVA Optima Pro, Encore just to pricy.
It came down to CVA Optima pro vs Omega 50.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I spent the extra clams on the Encore and I still have to spend more to get it shooting right (it has a loose hinge pin).
Jimbo, if I were you, I'd make a phone call to Thompson Center Arms about the loose hinge. I'd be willing to bet that they would repair or replace that rifle free. Their service is nothing less than outstanding.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't shot an Encore, but me, the flexibility of the gun seems great if not a little too expensive. I have read great things about it though. People seem to love it. I bought the Omega, nad I think it is absolutely great! I am wondering if T/C can create a line of center fire barrels to fit it. Maybe wishful thinking...
Old 12-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a little late replying to this because I just joined this site. But, vc1111 is right. I bought a "late-model" contender with the same problem(loose hingepin), I called them and they sent me a brand new frame. They are trulely the finest company when it comes to backing their product.

Quick Reply: TC Omega50 or Encore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.