Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Remington 700 ML .50 >

Remington 700 ML .50

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington 700 ML .50

Old 10-30-2020, 02:18 PM
Spike

Default Remington 700 ML .50

Hello everyone

I just came across the forum and I’m looking forward to reading and learning more about muzzleloaders. As well as other hunting topics.

a guy a work over heard me talking about buying a muzzleloader. I’ve never shot one or owned one until i bought a cva. I ended up buying a CVA wolf (cheap, I know) I’ve shot it about a dozen times now and I love it. My coworker said he’d sell me his black gently used Remington 700 ML .50 for $125.00.

he said it’s worth more than that but he’s just trying to help me out and give me a good deal on the gun.

I don’t know anything about them. Do any of you currently shoot the Remington 700 ml .50? I’ve read some threads where people talked about having them modified. Can someone share more information about that? My co worker said they are very accurate out to 200-250 yards. Anyway, I’d appreciate any information anyone can give me about them.

I’ll be using the gun for deer hunting. I might take it hog hunting as well.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorlife2005
Hello everyone

I just came across the forum and I’m looking forward to reading and learning more about muzzleloaders. As well as other hunting topics.

a guy a work over heard me talking about buying a muzzleloader. I’ve never shot one or owned one until i bought a cva. I ended up buying a CVA wolf (cheap, I know) I’ve shot it about a dozen times now and I love it. My coworker said he’d sell me his black gently used Remington 700 ML .50 for $125.00.

he said it’s worth more than that but he’s just trying to help me out and give me a good deal on the gun.

I don’t know anything about them. Do any of you currently shoot the Remington 700 ml .50? I’ve read some threads where people talked about having them modified. Can someone share more information about that? My co worker said they are very accurate out to 200-250 yards. Anyway, I’d appreciate any information anyone can give me about them.

I’ll be using the gun for deer hunting. I might take it hog hunting as well.
My best friend has a M700, It is a great gun. He has killed deer, elk, and antelope.

That price isn't bad. But if it were me I would wait and look for a stainless version. There is a lot of nooks and crannies that can trap powder and cause rust. If you can inspect it in person. Take it apart and really look at it close. 125.00 isn't a bad price. But I have seen stainless versions sell for 250 to 300. I would hold out for the stainless.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:23 AM
Spike

Ahh okay. Thanks. I figure for that price it would be worth it. I wasn’t sure. I will
take a real good look at it Monday and make a final decision.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just a FYI.......
Tons of upgrades that fit a Rem700 SA center fire also fit the 700ML such as stocks, triggers and scope mounts. You wont find a single ML anywhere with so much aftermarket support. On top of that, BaderRidge Industries offers a excellent 209 primer upgrade that is light years ahead of any other 209 conversion offered. This sealed 209 conversion makes them MUCH MUCH easier to clean and compatible with BH209 powder too.
https://www.badgerridgeind.com/store/p10/700ML_KIT.html
Old 11-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

If it's rust and corrosion free, I would buy it. You can go mild to wild with aftermarket parts. Custom barrels are drying up somewhat for the older 700ML but maybe you can find one if you want to go that route.

My Son's blued 700ML with a custom .45 cal barrel, breech plug, and stock. It's a shooter.