Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
traditions buck stalker muzzleloader >

traditions buck stalker muzzleloader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

traditions buck stalker muzzleloader

Old 04-06-2020, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default traditions buck stalker muzzleloader

was at my local gun store last week to pick up some hard to find 9mm ammo. and seen that he had a traditons buckstalker in blued barrel & black synthetic stock with a traditions scope on it . it was new & he was asking 149.99 on sale or clearence price. did'nt take long for me to grab it. it was'nt even a couple of month's old . manufactured in dec of 2019. i have a couple of tradition ml & i like them very much. i have a older tc impact that it pretty well matches up to it. but the old tc impact manufacter in 2014 does'nt have a speed breech. just like the quickness of a speed breech. once this covid 19 virus is outta here will take the new buckstalker out to the ranch. will let ya all know how it shoots. plan on sticking a 1x4 bushnell scope on it or stick a 1x4 leupold scope on it.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Spike

You got a good deal. I have the same ML, but I have never shot mine.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a good deal to me!

-Jake
Old 04-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i think so too. my older brother in pa picked up the same model at his local walmart about 2 month's ago . same price but his did'nt have the t handle for the ram rod . he called traditions & they said on walmart models they don't include that . oh well now have a extra muzzleloader. one of my buddies ask if i was going to sell the older impact& i told him name your price. he has'nt got back to me yet
Old 04-06-2020, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pretty good price Tom. And IMO they are decent looking rifles. I got a bad taste in my mouth for Traditions. I had one once for about 2 weeks and that was because it took me a week to get to the gun shop to trade it in! On the second shot the fiber optic fiber broke and the rear half blew off the rifle. Then moving the rear sight and tightening the lock screw the rear sight cracked where it slid up and down the ramp! It was cheap plastic. I honestly don't know how well it shot because I didn't take enough shots with it.
But I wish you luck with it.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

thanks bronko. i had a t/c do the same thing about 25 years ago. but tc covered it under warranty. as for the traditions i'm going to remove the sights anyways. with my new set up on the scope it hits the rear sight & on low power i can see the front sight. but i still want to get a newer tc impact with the speed breech. but right now without working i'll keep what i got .and found out yesterday i may have another set back coming down the road . will let you know what's happening soon.