Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
54bore - Lehigh 458x260 Sabotless >

54bore - Lehigh 458x260 Sabotless

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

54bore - Lehigh 458x260 Sabotless

Old 06-15-2019, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default 54bore - Lehigh 458x260 Sabotless

Thought you might be interested in this...

Picture shows two normal Lehigh 458x260 Sabotless - hunting bullets on the left and two of the 260's topped with a silver tip which greatly increases the BC for long range gong shooting. I have several of these tips on hand and you just insert them in the hollow point and press them in place. The tip and the bullet are not available from Lehigh at this time. Think you might be interested in shooting some of the tipped bullets at longer ranges to see how they fly? We already know the hollow point version are very accurate.

Old 06-16-2019, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Mike, I would LOVE to try some of those!!! They sure look Slick/Streamline with those Tips in place, i bet they do really well, Any idea when Lehigh will have them available? I will order up some as quick as they become available! Probably my 1:20 Twist huh?

Im off to make a Video of a Centerfire to Sell It’s time for my 1:20 Twist Mountaineer

I have a few questions for you about my soon to come 1:20 Twist .45 Cal Mountaineer, a Custom Touch i hope can be done
Old 06-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK - you will have to size the Drive Bands/barbs to fit your barrel. I think you told me you do have a fast twist 45 bore.

I will make 10 - 12 of them up for you.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sabotloader
OK - you will have to size the Drive Bands/barbs to fit your barrel. I think you told me you do have a fast twist 45 bore.

I will make 10 - 12 of them up for you.
Got the Twist Covered I have this Green Mountain 32” 1:18 Twist, and The Rice Match Grade 1:20 Twist. Same Twist Rates as the Knight 500, and the 1:20 Mountaineer.

I think I’m gonna cheat tho, instead of Chancing this Test with my open sights, I think i will Scope The Rice up (Looks Odd on a Sidelock, But functions VERY well ) The guy I bought this New Rice Barrel from had a REALLY Nice Custom Scope mount made for it, i am pretty sure Rice drilled and tapped the barrel for the Base? Anyway, it’s a professional SOLID setup!! I will get a few pics of it when Setup. I will test with my 292 Grain Lead first, When i feel Comfortable that all is Good, i will start a 200-300 Yard Group with The Lehigh’s. I am Looking Forward to it!!
Old 06-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

I am not looking to win any Beauty Contests with this Ole Girl setup this way, But i will bet that it Shoots like nobody’s business I will know soon! This Scope Mount setup is ROCK Solid

this is the 1:20 Match Grade Rice Barrel
Attached Thumbnails 54bore - Lehigh 458x260 Sabotless-ddf4cbff-e930-4b2e-aee4-a69c9ae3ed0c.jpeg  
Old 06-18-2019, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 54bore
I am not looking to win any Beauty Contests with this Ole Girl setup this way, But i will bet that it Shoots like nobody’s business I will know soon! This Scope Mount setup is ROCK Solid

this is the 1:20 Match Grade Rice Barrel
Shoot! Lewis that looks really GOOD! Semisane would be proud of that setup! Might want to wrap the rear barrel with a wrap of protective material to protect the scope from blow back material.