Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Trip 7 vs Goex BLK >

Trip 7 vs Goex BLK

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Trip 7 vs Goex BLK

Old 05-13-2019, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trip 7 vs Goex BLK

Which is the most corrosive ?
Old 05-13-2019, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by smokepolehall
Which is the most corrosive ?
GOEX being a true BP has the greater capability to be corrosive, T7 is not nearly as corrosive as some would have you believe but it is corrosive. Just my opinion but T7 is so much easier to manage,
Old 05-13-2019, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, i clean mine soon as i get home after shooting at the range, because of the Goex having that nasty habit. With my inline i usally pull the BP n nipple n the cap striker. Run cleaning patches n dry through barrel to knock it out quick
Old 05-13-2019, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by smokepolehall
OK, i clean mine soon as i get home after shooting at the range, because of the Goex having that nasty habit. With my inline i usally pull the BP n nipple n the cap striker. Run cleaning patches n dry through barrel to knock it out quick
Shooting GOEX - I highly recommend exactly what you are doing!
Old 05-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

All my muzzleloading rifles regardless of what powder I use - real black powder, Pyrodex, T7, Black MZ, or even BH209 I always clean them either as soon as I get home or within a couple hours. But always the same day. I probably don't with BH209 but why chance it. IMO better safe than sorry.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sabotloader
GOEX being a true BP has the greater capability to be corrosive, T7 is not nearly as corrosive as some would have you believe but it is corrosive. Just my opinion but T7 is so much easier to manage,
I agree 100% on T7 . I have left a rifle loaded during muzzleloader season after being shot with T7 for a week till I either got a shot or the season ended then cleaned with no ill effects. I admit tho it's not recommended and I felt weird about leaving the gun
in that condition, most likely won't try that again. Point is T7 isn't as corrosive and I did wipe out the bore down to the load to clean out most of the fouling.