Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

where is he?

Old 06-22-2018, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default where is he?

Anyone know where IdahoRon is? I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

I talk to Ron on a Regular basis through Text message, Me and my wife are friends with He and his Wife on Social Media, Ron just posted a Video of Shooting 175 Yards at 8,000 Ft, He posted that on Castboolits, and Facebook. Ron is doing well
Old 06-24-2018, 05:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Anyone know where IdahoRon is? I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.
Bronko - just so you know because this was really concerning to me... I did do some checking Ron is OK and doing well. He is on Facebook quite often and has chosen not to post on some of the forums as a personal choice...

PM him he does still log in once and awhile just to check in...
Old 06-25-2018, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys. I consider him a friend as he has helped me out with shooting patched bullets from my .45
Old 06-26-2018, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Guys I am well. Thanks for asking about me!!!! I have been super busy this year gunning rock chucks. I shot 250 so far with my air rifle. I have spent almost all my time there. Lewis is right I got away to shoot my rifles at high elevation. That has been bugging me for a while about if the guns shoot higher up there. I was texting Lewis just before I lost signal.
Mike, I have checked out on a lot of forums for this chuck hunting. These poor farmers were begging me to help them. Last year that one bean field lost 10,000 dollars in beans to the rock chucks. I haven't shot a muzzleloader since October. But I have been thinking about you guys.
Here is the video I did on fathers day.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Ron has put some SERIOUS Smackdown on them Rock chucks!!! He has the nicest Air rifle i have ever seen, Put some pics up of those Big Chucks and your Air Rifle!

Awesome video Ron! I would have thought your shots to be even higher at 8,000 Ft? We have VERY few places up here that you could get that kind of Elevation, 6,000 to 6,500 is as high as i know of around here? Hunting these whitetail i am usually no more that 3,500 ft Max. Good to see you post Brother!
Old 06-27-2018, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Its nice to have an assistant like that Ron. But to be honest when I saw the video I though that was your daughter!. You can tell her I said that too. Anyway, god bless and I'm happy to see you're doing well.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by idahoron
Hi Guys I am well. Thanks for asking about me!!!! I have been super busy this year gunning rock chucks. I shot 250 so far with my air rifle. I have spent almost all my time there. Lewis is right I got away to shoot my rifles at high elevation. That has been bugging me for a while about if the guns shoot higher up there. I was texting Lewis just before I lost signal.
Mike, I have checked out on a lot of forums for this chuck hunting. These poor farmers were begging me to help them. Last year that one bean field lost 10,000 dollars in beans to the rock chucks. I haven't shot a muzzleloader since October. But I have been thinking about you guys.
Here is the video I did on fathers day. https://youtu.be/JmXOFFWCK_0
Well, I for one am certainly glad to see you back and posting... Your 250 chucks makes my one trip out to Vassar Meadows and 24 confirmed ground squirrels, with my 17 HMR, seem pretty insignificant - but gotta tell I did have fun! I would have made more trips - but dang work got in the way.

I still think you need to drop that boat in the river and float the Snake River to Lewiston....
Old 06-27-2018, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 54bore
Ron has put some SERIOUS Smackdown on them Rock chucks!!! He has the nicest Air rifle i have ever seen, Put some pics up of those Big Chucks and your Air Rifle!

Good to see you post Brother!
You already know the story but I will let the guys know.
Last year I obtained a farm to hunt chucks on. The farmer would not allow any other rifle besides air rifle. Last year I killed enough to keep them off my place. Well he got to talking and another farmer came to be asking me to hunt their chucks. Then another and then another. This is what one of the Barley fields looked like.

This hay field was getting hammered.

Most guys just shoot rock chucks. as you can see in the picture above I used a blind. That is a super effective way to hunt them. I also used a Ghillie suit.

This is my Rifle. It is an Air Arms TX200 spring powered gun. If pushes 14.66 grain pellets out at 668 FPS. That doesn't seem like much but I was able to kill rock chucks with head shots out to 70 yards. My longest confirmed kill was 104 yards.

The TX200 is a wicked accurate rifle. I could not have racked up the kills I did with a break barrel gun. Here are some pictures.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Its nice to have an assistant like that Ron. But to be honest when I saw the video I though that was your daughter!. You can tell her I said that too. Anyway, god bless and I'm happy to see you're doing well.

Thanks my friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.