Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Its on the way..... >

Its on the way.....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Its on the way.....

Old 06-21-2018, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Its on the way.....

Disassembled my Ultimate BP Xpress, packaged up the barreled action and its on its way to AZ to Arrowhead Sporting Goods (ASG) for the new ASG designed breech plug. No more issues with gas cut nipples, no more extensive manual labor and best of all, it'll handle BH209 without issue. No more over priced pellets.

I strongly urge anyone with either the Ultimate Firearms Inc rifle, or the Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader, to have this conversion completed. The time and money saved will more than cover the installation down the road.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The first time i saw the Hankins HIS system i thought, "what a great idea for the RUML". So much better than using "cut down" brass. I mentioned it to him and he showed no interest in the idea unless you got a rebarrel also. To be fair though the vast majority on Dougs laughed at the HIS style modules being better than a 209 and Hank was basically driven off Dougs. Now the LRMP systems are the cat's meow. Funny how that works when "your guy" is making/selling them and not some "new guy".

Im still glad Luke stepped up though. Its probably the first and best mod anyone should get for a RUML or UF. I thought i read that the bushing is not user replaceable though. Heavy loads of BH209 are still pretty rough on the tungsten carbide bushings. Im having a hard time understanding why they were not made to be replaced when needed. Them plugs aint cheap.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
....................Im still glad Luke stepped up though. Its probably the first and best mod anyone should get for a RUML or UF. I thought i read that the bushing is not user replaceable though. Heavy loads of BH209 are still pretty rough on the tungsten carbide bushings. Im having a hard time understanding why they were not made to be replaced when needed. Them plugs aint cheap.
As I understand it, these are not supposed to need replacement when just shooting BH. I believe Levi has put many rounds through the RUM plug and there are no signs of wear. I won't be shooting 160grs VOLUME from the rifle, just hoping 120grs VOLUME does the trick.
You're well aware of how I like shooting the Ultimate, and when Luke made the UF plug, I couldn't wait to get mine replaced.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new ASG BP for the Ultimate, is PERFECT!