Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
First Shots from Old but New Knight BK92 >

First Shots from Old but New Knight BK92

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First Shots from Old but New Knight BK92

Old 04-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default First Shots from Old but New Knight BK92

Some of you might know that a Forum members working opportunities in Minnesota found what appears to be a New - never been shot - BK92 and asked if I might be interested if the price were right... The price was way right!!

Got the rifle - removed the plastic sights and installed new Williams options.... FP peep on the rear and Williams ramp and fire sight with hood on the front. Bore sighted it here at the house and today - it wasn't raining so I headed to Dingers Farm to get some shooting.

I set a target a 50 yards and started shooting - I really was surprised how close the bore sight got me. I made a slight adjustment for windage and height and reloaded. 3 really decent shots for a new rifle.

The rain was coming - I could see it on the horizon so enough with paper! I walked 3 clay pigeons out to 75 yards and began to shoot them...

On the first shot - I held the front sight right in the bottom of the bird - missed! I looked through the Bino's and I could see I was just a bit high. The next three shots were winners as I placed the bird over the top of the front sight...

It still wasn't raining but it was coming - I looked for a target of opportunity and found a chunk of wood laying in the Winter Wheat. I ranged it to be 114 yards. Loaded up and got three more shots in - each making the audible sound of hitting the wood.... Then it started!!! dang rain

Rain is here! Packed up and headed back to town! It was a good shoot...

Thanks Sqezer! you did real good!
Old 04-13-2018, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's good shoot'n.

Now, I'll take that rain in a minute, vs the 'up to 24" of snow' that they're saying we might get. Snowing like a mad man now.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
That's good shoot'n.

Now, I'll take that rain in a minute, vs the 'up to 24" of snow' that they're saying we might get. Snowing like a mad man now.
It was fun shooting and I am really happy that he gun worked as well as it did. It, the rifle, is going to be a gift to my hunting partners youngest grandson "Hawkeye", I gave the older grandson "Eagle Eyes" a MK 85 last year.

A friend of mine said you guys were suppose to get clobbered today... I really pleaded with him that we did not need it...

I also really hope the amount and the late timing of the event does cause any major problems....
Old 04-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
............A friend of mine said you guys were suppose to get clobbered today... I really pleaded with him that we did not need it...

I also really hope the amount and the late timing of the event does cause any major problems....
Round 1 and 14" of really heavy wet snow. Wife manned the John Deere, I ran the plow. Took us 8 hours to clean up the driveway and landing. Storm #2 is coming across Lake MI now