Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Nosler Sporting Handgun Pistol Bullet >

Nosler Sporting Handgun Pistol Bullet

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Nosler Sporting Handgun Pistol Bullet

Old 03-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nosler Sporting Handgun Pistol Bullet

twild provided these Nosler 200g 40 caliber sporting handgun pistol bullet.

This bullet was shot into the trap 25 yard out. The powder charge was 80 grain Blackhorn.

The front jug was tossed nearly into the camera. The first and second jugs were blown up/destroyed, and tossed. The third jug captured the bullet. The fourth, fifth, and sixth jug were undamaged, and reused. The bullet in the third jug, consisted of more than one piece.

Next, the debris was picked up, new jugs placed, and made ready for a second bullet. This second time, 50 grain of Blackhorn was the powder charge; another bullet was shot into the trap.

The bullet went through all six jugs, and cut a hole in the phone book damaging the pages about ½ inch deep. The fourth jug had the back side split out; the other five jugs simply had a hole in, and a hole out. The bullet was captured by the last jug. Evidently the phone book prevented the bullet from exiting the last jug.

_

Last edited by ronlaughlin; 03-01-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is one of my favorite bullets to shoot from my 1-20 Super DISC's for target practice and breaking clay pigeons - for hunting I move to the 40x200 Lehigh/Bloodline - now that one works!
Old 03-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, they are wonderfully accurate for me in the 45s. Hornady has a HAP bullet that looks similar too. It has no creases to aid in expansion like the XTP does.

Im amazed the 50gr load did not expand at all. IIRC Nosler claims the core is pure lead.