Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Which CVA Accura to Choose? >

Which CVA Accura to Choose?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
View Poll Results: Which CVA Accura is the best compromise of features for deer hunting?
CVA Accura V2 Long Range 30" barrel
0%
CVA Accura V2 28" barrel
55.56%
CVA Accura V2 Plains Rifle 27" barrel
0%
CVA Accura V2 Mountain Rifle 25" barrel
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Which CVA Accura to Choose?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

At nearly a buck a pop just for the powder i can think of several better ways to spend my money than on crud ring forming Triple7 Mag pellets.

Is it that hard to measure loose powder and take it with you in powder tubes? Is it that much harder to pour powder from a tube vs dumping the pellets out of a tube?

It amazes me how people will pinch pennies on the rifle itself then buy one of the most expensive propellants with the worst flexibility to fine tune your load.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-30-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Pyrodex RS for a "cheap powder". I got it for less then $4/lb. at a closeout, that is less then 7 cents per shot. I still have about 10 lbs. or so. I use the Triple 7 because it is handy. The load shoots well enough that I have not felt the need to "tune" it and I do not shoot past 200 yards. 777 does make the crud ring tho, I swab between every shot using either powder and make sure the bullet is seated on the powder and not the crud ring.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, T7M is expensive, even though when bought by the case its cheaper than individual boxes. I save up to $15 per box buying them by the case. I also use more than others, so yup, its more expensive.
On the other hand, I can also get some pretty darn good groups at extended long range with pellets.

Although you can't tweak the charges to 5grs or less, there's a lot of 10gr combinations, at least 8 hunting combinations from 80grs to 150grs.

Swabbing between shots has been something many have done for decades, so its not new. Even the best of shots in competition swab between shots using BH209, with few exceptions.