Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shooting chips in the Rock Pit >

Shooting chips in the Rock Pit

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting chips in the Rock Pit

Old 01-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shooting chips in the Rock Pit

FINALLY.... got to go shoot today!!

Winter Break at the University is OVER - I am among the retired again! So I packed things in the truck and headed to the Rock Pit...

Normally this time of year I would not be able to get to the pit, I would be snowed out! But this is one of those years and I was able to get in pretty easily.

I just need to shoot! I grabbed the ULite and decided to shoot the new Lehigh .451x230CF Copper bullet. For me this is my go to deer bullet... it has proven to be really accurate and deadly.

At the pit, I was really surprised, one of the groups before me had set up broken clay pigeon chips in the snow at 100 yards. I was going to setup a bunch of new birds but the chips were there and would serve as a better challenge.

When it come down to it really wasn't really much of a challenge - load and shoot. Really made me feel good to dispatch the various chips on the wall.

Took some pics of the outing - hope they are visible enough to make the point.

I was shooting 120 gr. (volume) of BH with the Lehigh from a Knight Ultra Lite with a Redfield Revenge with a ACCU Ranger Reticule.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not sure what happened to the rest of the messages that were in this thread

But, Semi - first target was at 75 yards with the peep sight Renegade and the second was at a 100 yards with an Ultra Lite.

Scott the bullet measures .854 and it was shot with 110 grains of T7. And the weight is definitely towards the rear...
Old 01-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

The HNI cloud burped. Data was lost or hasn't synced back up yet.