Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Traditions Tracker 209, Anyone shoot this? >

Traditions Tracker 209, Anyone shoot this?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Tracker 209, Anyone shoot this?

Old 10-30-2003, 08:38 PM

Default Traditions Tracker 209, Anyone shoot this?

I recently bought a traditions tracker 209 in-line. It' s a 50 cal. and I' m shooting sabots, with 90-100 grain powder pellets, with a 4X scope. What is the max effective range for the gun, this gun is bore sighted and I' ll test fire next week. Those of you that have this gun, could you please talk to me about it' s performance? Thanks
Old 10-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Traditions Tracker 209, Anyone shoot this?

I have a tracker 209 and It is a great rifle.I shoot 200 gr hornady bullets and use 100 gr pyrodex pellets.I sight in at dead on at 50yrds and that puts me at about 2 1/2 inches high at 100yrds.At 150yrds it about 2inches low.I have shot a deer at 140yrds and he droped right there.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:42 AM

Default RE: Traditions Tracker 209, Anyone shoot this?

I bought a Tracker last year. For the money - I still think it' s one of the best entry level inlines around. It' s a great shooter. Not sure what the max range is but I do very well at 100 yards.

I have tried 100 gr of Pyrodex and Triple 7 w/ good success. 295 gr Powerbelt HP do very well.