Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Maxim 50 Silencerco >

Maxim 50 Silencerco

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Maxim 50 Silencerco

Old 10-25-2017, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would bet very few hunters use ear plugs as it is - I would bet the percentage is very low - at the range or recreation - different story!

The rifle choice is terrible and the 'can' looks and limits the rifle way more than it is worth.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sabotloader

The rifle choice is terrible and the 'can' looks and limits the rifle way more than it is worth.
Exactly ! You nailed it with that statement
Old 10-26-2017, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i can understand why one would like a 'can' so for to reduce noise of ignition, but i will never ever do such. Nor would i want to own that rifle with/without the 'can'. It is easy for me to have disdain for the rifle, and can, because, for me, there is a better solution.

When i hunt, i always use this hearing protection/amplification. Certainly can't hear as good as a deer, but it helps, and my rifle is so very much nicer. ☺

_
Old 10-28-2017, 07:28 AM
Spike

problem with amplified hearing protection is that every squirrel sounds like a deer or bigger, and i found it was harder to hear the direction the noise is coming from.

not to mention here in tn you will be sweating your ears off in the early season hunts
Old 10-28-2017, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LHhunterTN
problem with amplified hearing protection is that every squirrel sounds like a deer or bigger, and i found it was harder to hear the direction the noise is coming from.

not to mention here in tn you will be sweating your ears off in the early season hunts
How long you been affiliated with Maxim50 ? Or are you not officially a shill for them ?

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 10-28-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yet again, I think you would very a few number of HUNTERS using ear plugs while hunting. There are expectations to this, if you might be a hunter in a contained hunting shelter ect...

This still remains a big problem - This ML is so limited by load and bullet. Pretty much all the approved bullets are premium priced and so is the BH209.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, amplified hearing protection allows me to hear squirrels, and birds, and deer, and whatever; i enjoy hearing all the critter moving, and talking, very very much. Not long ago the sounds of migrating Sand Hill Crane caught my attention; that was fun. Thousands it seemed there were. In fact i enjoy listening to all the critter so much, i always have the amplified hearing protection in place when out amongst them, which includes hot summer weather. She never told me my ears were gone; i presume they didn't sweat off.

_
Old 11-05-2017, 05:24 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
How long you been affiliated with Maxim50 ? Or are you not officially a shill for them ?
im not affiliated with silencerco or any other company, i bought the Maxim 50 to shorten the wait for my Gemtech tracker.
I made some Youtube videos, and the only thing i might be pushing is my youtube channel

www.youtube.com/channel/UC4TUHEBtBUE5vm9Q9jo4o6w
Old 11-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

im not affiliated with silencerco or any other company, i bought the Maxim 50 to shorten the wait for my Gemtech tracker.
I made some Youtube videos, and the only thing i might be pushing is my youtube channel

www.youtube.com/channel/UC4TUHEBtBUE5vm9Q9jo4o6w
Ok nothing wrong with that no need to have a utube channel if you aren’t going to promote it .
Old 09-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

The use of suppressors while hunting is legal and encouraged in many European countries, including Scandinavia and the UK.

“…Suppressors are legal to own and hunt with throughout many countries in Europe and elsewhere. Finland is one. So are Norway and Sweden. And in the UK their use is mandatory in some cases…”--->>> https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gu...t-gun-law-ever

Here's a 24 second video of a guy shooting the Maxim .50 and hitting a 3' x 3' gong at 300 yards:

Last edited by arcticap; 09-26-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.