Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Idaho Muzzleloader Antelope >

Idaho Muzzleloader Antelope

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Idaho Muzzleloader Antelope

Old 08-21-2017, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Definitely not a bullet i would hunt with, that one does exactly the opposite of what i look for in a bullet. I want a bullet to mushroom out good, hold together, and drive through. I hunt to eat the Game that i shoot, using a Grenade type bullet like the performance of the one in this video pretty much defeats that purpose
Old 08-21-2017, 08:24 AM
Banned

Does that mean a Lehigh bullet is out for you as well?
Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

There you go again MountainDevil54, showing us exactly how much you don't know. The Lehigh and Bloodline bullets do not do that. They fracture after penetrating the hide and bone. And only shed a small portion of their mass, around 10-15%, with razor sharp petals damaging internal organs. They don't blow up on entry like the powerbelt line of fishing sinkers do. And before you go blasting the picture GM54-120 posted, that was a very high shoulder shot with a fairly small and fast bullet. Pretty much anything at that speed and that high up on the deer would have created that damage. I've seen exactly what the 220gr Lehigh CF's do to big bodied whitetails both at closer ranges, 40 yards, and long range, 211 yards. Very little meat damage and utter destruction of internal organs. Keep trying though MountainDevil54. You might get something right one day.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Please clear this up for us Ak473006, are we looking at entrance wounds or exit wounds?

Last edited by Semisane; 08-21-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Fellers that boy didn't kill that goat and if he did he didn't find it until it was to late. No fresh blood and both wounds look like decay was already starting. The rear hole is cut and no bullet made that clean cut. Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not so sure of that Slowburn. There appears to be a head movement of the animal just as they approach it. There are no interruptions in the video from that point on. The animal is lying in a pool of blood as it's turned over, again with no video interruptions.

Last edited by Semisane; 08-21-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Semisane
I'm not so sure of that Slowburn. There appears to be a head movement of the animal just as they approach it. There are no interruptions in the video from that point on. The animal is lying in a pool of blood as it's turned over, again with no video interruptions.
Exactly.

Fragment-grenades... Fragment grenade. ..

Funny how those two words go together.

Controlled fragment grenade.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Nice pictures. Have to give the boy props on that. He's fairly good with a camera. Too bad he doesn't know an ill performing bullet from a good one. Or really anything about terminal ballistics.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Banned

If you enjoyed the pictures, wait till you see video footage from the bear hunt! No bear, but a cool arse falcon and elk.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Love nature films and photography. Hunting for me has never been about the kill. It's always been about getting deleted by JW away from everything and everyone. Yeah I love the meat and I in no way will pass on a shot on a nice steak, roast, and burger animal but it's more about being out in the fresh air and noone yapping in deleted by JW ear about work and bills.

Last edited by JW; 08-23-2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Por Language the author was sent a PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.