Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/c strike

Old 05-15-2017, 02:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default T/c strike

I am looking into the T/C Strike muzzleloader, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I like the stricker fire over the hammer on my
T/C Encore, and the ease of cleaning also much easier to insert the 209 primer.
Bill
Old 05-15-2017, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Isn't this the same rifle design of a different company that put out a very similar rifle but it did not seem to go over so much. I can't even remember the name of that company.
It is where the breech plug screws into the barrel acting as a cap if you will that the 209 primer is inserted in. Then it locks up like a single shot shotgun, without a hammer?

I never held one, saw one in the flesh per say, or saw one being fired (other then the older rifle company's gun on You Tube). Being a T/C I would suspect it a good quality rifle. BUT as my father always warns, buyer be ware. I am sure someone will have some comments about the rifle. I did look it up and it looks like a nice rifle. How heavy is that thing?
Old 05-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its basically the same rifle as a LHR Redemption. S&W bought the rights to make it and IIRC the owner went back to work for T/C too.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-15-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Its basically the same rifle as a LHR Redemption. S&W bought the rights to make it and IIRC the owner went back to work for T/C too.
It looks like T/C dropped the ball IMO,the breech plug is not removable and must be must be cleaned like an old Hawkens,and you can not just push the round out like you can with a removable breech plug.So it looks like I'll be looking at a Encore FX
Old 05-17-2017, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wjsmall97
It looks like T/C dropped the ball IMO,the breech plug is not removable and must be must be cleaned like an old Hawkens,and you can not just push the round out like you can with a removable breech plug.So it looks like I'll be looking at a Encore FX
Not sure what your talking about?? The T/C strike has a removable breech plug. Probably the best breech plug design ive ever used.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah im not sure where that info is coming from.

Directly from the T/C website. https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzz...ke#information

ADAPT™ Breech System

The primer adapter eliminates the need for threading inside the barrel which is the leading cause of seized breech plugs. Adapt™ Breech System also allows you the ability to change out your primer adapter to different configurations, which will optimize ignition performance with your propellant of choice.

How would you change it out if its not removable?

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-17-2017 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wjsmall97
We're curious where you got that info?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like Mr. wjsmall put his foot in his mouth.
Its OK to make a mistake but admit it. Heck I even thought I made a mistake once - but I was wrong!
I'll admit the Strike has my attention. And if I had a hankering for another inline I would definitely look into it.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

When you think about it. The breech plug is the biggest selling point of the Strike.

I'm not impressed with the rest of it.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

It looks like the adapter removes from the breech plug, but the breech plug itself is not removable. You can't put a .50 call brush through it.If someone has one I would love to see the breech plug removed if I am wrong.
Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.