Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Project In My Brain!! >

New Project In My Brain!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Project In My Brain!!

Old 12-25-2016, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Found it Google Linebauh's 50 BMG SML

Full formed Barnes 647gr TSX BT at close to 2400fps with smokeless powder

Old 12-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

With a 50 cal I don't see how you can use BMG bullets to be honest. If you are looking for a rifle that will shoot BIG bullets the obvious choice would be the .52 and paper patch sharps bullets. This mould throws a .512 bullet at 625 grains. Two wraps of 9# onion skin would put it at .518 and that would be snug not tight going down. They would load good, not move off the powder when carried. In my opinion it would be much more accurate with the right twist.

https://www.buffaloarms.com/Detail.a...95194&CAT=4158
Old 12-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eh, Chris from PacNor just sent me an extremely short reply to my very detailed request. "Sorry we don't supply for that action" Not even a have a nice day or a suggestion of another or whatever. Guess someone was in a bad mood and got lumps of coal for xmas!

May just go with GM's suggestion of a Brux in .45 speedy twist. Or really pizz off the wife and get a swinglock .45
Old 12-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Swing lock would be the way to go .416
Old 12-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id like that .416 Chet but it aint legal in a lot of states. Too many states require .44 minimum on MLers. If I want to hunt rifle season I'll just grab one of the absolutely too damn many rifles I have. (wifes words not mine ) I'm just wanting something that I can do some reaching out with in states that allow Scoped inlines during ML season. Just too dang old to use some of the tactics that have served me well for getting close up on wary animals. Heck, if I tried a long "belly crawl" I'd better have one of my boys along to get me up off the ground nowadays! I know for a fact you know exactly what I'm talking about Chet

If I do go the swinglock direction, it would be their .45 Standard Thumbover or the .45 Ambi thumbhole. Would lean more towards the Ambi since I am Ambi.

As far as western compliant, I already have a TC Hawken .50 with GM barrel that is very accurate with many of my connies. Was just hashing out things in my head to get something with a whole heck of a lotta punch for ranges out to 300.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Id like that .416 Chet but it aint legal in a lot of states. Too many states require .44 minimum on MLers. If I want to hunt rifle season I'll just grab one of the absolutely too damn many rifles I have. (wifes words not mine ) I'm just wanting something that I can do some reaching out with in states that allow Scoped inlines during ML season. Just too dang old to use some of the tactics that have served me well for getting close up on wary animals. Heck, if I tried a long "belly crawl" I'd better have one of my boys along to get me up off the ground nowadays! I know for a fact you know exactly what I'm talking about Chet

If I do go the swinglock direction, it would be their .45 Standard Thumbover or the .45 Ambi thumbhole. Would lean more towards the Ambi since I am Ambi.

As far as western compliant, I already have a TC Hawken .50 with GM barrel that is very accurate with many of my connies. Was just hashing out things in my head to get something with a whole heck of a lotta punch for ranges out to 300.
Yep I understand. We have to have larger than .44 also here , that's why I don't have a .416 swing lock . I just went with a couple customs instead
500 yards is no problem

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 12-28-2016 at 05:05 PM.