Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Home safe an sound >

Home safe an sound

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Home safe an sound

Old 10-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Home safe an sound

Spent the last three days in the mtns. of NC Pennsylvania. My foot kept me from doing any still hunting and I was forced to stay within 100 yards or so of camp. Stepping on a twig or rock directly on the incision, even through the boot sole, was really painful.
I didn't see anything to shoot but the scenery with the fall foliage was spectacular. I just soaked it all up. Below is where my cousin and I spent the last 3 days.
Attached Thumbnails Home safe an sound-camp-oct-2016.jpg  
Old 10-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

good to be out there any way you can, all the more so with this crazy warm weather and cool colors on the tree's
That cabin looks like you need to blow them leaves off
when they sit there they hold water and will ruin your roof in NO time keeping all that moisture there isn't good for things!
I spent the whole day today fishing up and down the susquehanna river , the colors were just awesome with all the sun shine today
fishing sucked LOL
but could care less, was just a day off to relax more!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Glad you had fun and are safe and sound.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Three days in a cabin in the mountains. Spectacular fall colors. Got a chance to hunt. Back home safe and sound. EXCELLENT!

Didn't see anything to shoot? Oh well, it happens.

Good stuff wins out over small disappointments 4 to 1.

Bronko for the win!
Old 10-20-2016, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

MRBB - Over the years we tried many different things to keep the moss and leaves off the roof but its just no use. We sprayed the roof with apple cider vinegar and even tried bleach to kill the moss but it just keeps coming back.
So now we figure if God put it there it's going to stay there. The roof (shingles) are over 20 years old now with no leaks. We'll soon be due for a new one.
As for not getting anything that's suits me just fine. I have two freezers in the basement that are filled to the brim. Mine is filled with bison, moose, deer and hog and the other one with store bought junk like chicken, pork, etc!
Old 10-20-2016, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Nice cabin. Looks so peaceful nestled in the woods like that. It would be a pleasure to spend a few days in a place like that.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe next roof go with a metal one, lot less likely to grow mold/moss on!
BUT if the leaves build up, that where the soil matter is and it will still grow, all the more so if it doesn';t get much sun shine,
LOTS of sun tends to NOT allow the growth! shade on the other hand, seems to make it grow faster!
I wonder how the wood is under them shingles however, all that dampness can ruin it?
best of luck there