Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Glass bedding Disc Ext >

Glass bedding Disc Ext

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Glass bedding Disc Ext

Old 09-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Glass bedding Disc Ext

Hey guys, I'm in the process of glass bedding my Disc extreme. I've started dremeling out the stock. Took a little nerve to start!

What I can't wrap my head around is the bedding process and maintaining the ramrod channel. I've see where some of you have used an arrow shaft and some have filled the channel with clay. I'm almost temped to just fill it in, not worrying about the ramrod.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

This is the carbon stock, by the way.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Spike

Yap, first time it takes balls!

You kwon the two ways to proceed about ramrod channel. I have did both and prefer to use the arrow, lots of release agent and you'll be fine. Clay is a pain to clean (no good access).

If you don't need to carry the ramrod on the rifle, you can fill it but I wouldn't, your call!

Good luck

Last edited by Salar600; 09-22-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by johnnyo
Hey guys, I'm in the process of glass bedding my Disc extreme. I've started dremeling out the stock. Took a little nerve to start!

What I can't wrap my head around is the bedding process and maintaining the ramrod channel. I've see where some of you have used an arrow shaft and some have filled the channel with clay. I'm almost temped to just fill it in, not worrying about the ramrod.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

This is the carbon stock, by the way.
iv'e glass bedded about 10 or so muzzleloaders i used electricians duct seal you can get it at depot for a few bucks just put some release agent in the channel first then the duct seat lot easier to clean.