Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Black MZ (again)

Old 08-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bronco i sent you a PM of another "review" on the Michigan Sportsmans forum from you know who. He actually shot it and gave it a huge thumbs down.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Banned

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-test-review/
Old 08-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Come on guys - let's not start a war over something that was stated a long time ago. I tried it about 3 years ago and didn't know about compressing the powder. So I wasn't getting very good accuracy. I only used 1/2 a can. This time I will play with it a bit more. I should get it to work with something.
I have several caplocks, a Knight "Black Knight" IN .54 with caplock ignition, and a CVA Accura V2.

Last edited by bronko22000; 08-04-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here all the tests ran by Dr. and Mary Clary for North American Muzzleloading Hunting:

http://namlhunt.com/mlpowders2.html

Then Toby Bridges, in true hypocritical fashion, fell out with Black MZ and badmouthed the stuff.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are very few things I trust Toby's opinion on for the simple reason, his opinion is, 99% of the time, bought and paid for. He's a good shot, and does know his stuff about muzzleloaders but that little fact just rubs me wrong and you can never know if what he is writing is the actual truth or the paid response. It really irks me because he could be a real wealth of knowledge if you could trust in his opinions. Kinda like a couple others in here.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by falcon
Here all the tests ran by Dr. and Mary Clary for North American Muzzleloading Hunting:

http://namlhunt.com/mlpowders2.html

Then Toby Bridges, in true hypocritical fashion, fell out with Black MZ and badmouthed the stuff.
That was an interesting, well written article. Gives me a little encouragement that it will work well in my caplocks. It appears also that this powder may like to push the slightly lighter bullets.

I only have one problem. Last month I found a lump on my foot at the base of my middle toe. Turns out its a tumor (benign thank God) and I am getting operated on Sept 13th. And a ML hunt in NC on Oct. 3rd for deer and hogs. Being down here in FL for the month of August I only have a couple days to hand my tree stands for the upcoming archery season. And too its my grandson's first year of real hunting. I will be taking him for doves after school and get him used to shooting at birds on the wing. His youth model 870 20 ga will be perfect for this duty.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO,,,Clem, sounds like we BOTH gonna be cruching it this year for deer season!! I didn't go last year, by grits and granola if I gotta get one of my over sized lugs sons pushing me in a damn wheelbarrow I aint missing deer this year!! Aint shot nothing but my mouth, paper and coyotes in a year!!! I'm itchy!!!
Old 08-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I tried it I found it worked quite well for accuracy in my side locks, I have always used a tight load it has always given me the best accuracy and consistency. I have to admit I like Pyrodex Best, but I live in a very humid area and powders that suck up moisture can be a problem.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by lemoyne
When I tried it I found it worked quite well for accuracy in my side locks, I have always used a tight load it has always given me the best accuracy and consistency. I have to admit I like Pyrodex Best, but I live in a very humid area and powders that suck up moisture can be a problem.
Are you saying Black MZ is less moisture resistant than Pyrodex.
According to what I've been reading it is more moisture resistant than both Pyrodex and Triple 7.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Banned

Even these 2 kids got the stuff to shoot nicely! All I did was draw a picture on a piece of paper to show them how to use the sights, let them take a couple warm up shots and then they went to grouping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.