Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Spotting scope question >

Spotting scope question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Spotting scope question

Old 03-10-2016, 04:17 AM
Banned

hmm. I have a KNIGHT .50 BUT I never even considered shooting at distances over 100 yards. not saying it can't be done. my eyes simply are not good enough to shoot open sights beyond that range, so I never considered doing it. scopes are not legal here on smokepoles.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
hmm. I have a KNIGHT .50 BUT I never even considered shooting at distances over 100 yards. not saying it can't be done. my eyes simply are not good enough to shoot open sights beyond that range, so I never considered doing it. scopes are not legal here on smokepoles.
Your Knight is very capable of long range shooting. Guys are shooting Knight rifles 500yds very accurately. I don't think there's an in-line made today that isn't a 200yd plus capable rifle.

I feel for you guys out west, where they have those absurd rules preventing the use of scopes, etc. But, rules are rules.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:07 AM
Banned

yeah ,I don't like it but it is what it is.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

You don't have any stores you can test some of them? Second choice is buy from Cabelas. Easy return for exchange/refund with no questions asked.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You don't have any stores you can test some of them? Second choice is buy from Cabelas. Easy return for exchange/refund with no questions asked.
I'm over 2 hours from any store that has any kind of inventory and then its select. Don't really buy much from Cabela's any more, besides almost anyone online will beat their retail prices. The CFO hates it when I purchase something then return it and then buy something else like it. Its a records thing for the CFO.

That's what makes these forums nice, is asking others for their experiences with a product.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

CFO? Wife?
Old 03-10-2016, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
CFO? Wife?
Yes, I think CFO is referring to the lady of the house and it sounds like she's the one wearing the pants, LOL!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Yes, I think CFO is referring to the lady of the house and it sounds like she's the one wearing the pants, LOL!
Yup, "the little woman" is the CFO Chief Financial Officer
Old 03-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well somehow a Viper Vortex HD, 20-60x80 ended up following me home today

Looked over a lot of spotting scopes, milled around, he hawed, kicked a few cans, made a couple phone calls, then finally decided to spring for it. One of the managers knows me and gave me a great discount. Glad that decision is over...
Old 03-12-2016, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you like it as well as I like mine, I looked at a lot of them before I pick mine out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.