Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Target?

Old 02-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Target?

Old 02-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Reminds me of the time I missed a buck during our rifle season due to the heavy rain that day. I believe the rifle's stock swelled?? Any case a couple days later I went to my club's range and re sighted my rifle. I just loaded another round into the chamber when 6 does trotted by and a 8 pointer followed them and stopped broadside to me less then 50yds away. Unfortunately we're not allowed to hunt deer on the property. Man, I was saying 'Satan get behind me and don't push". Needless to say that was the last buck I saw during that season.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice BA. (you're not supposed to put the corn behind the target )

That's a big doe. I bet she's bigger than our typical buck around here. How much you think she weighs (dressed)? My guess is 140, but so hard to tell from a pic.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter View Post
Nice BA. (you're not supposed to put the corn behind the target )

That's a big doe. I bet she's bigger than our typical buck around here. How much you think she weighs (dressed)? My guess is 140, but so hard to tell from a pic.
Its a lot bigger doe than the photo may show. Pic was taken from the patio.... 150yds. I know the doe. She had twins right by the house this spring. She's been around for awhile and the neighbors let her go too. She's a good 150# dressed.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wonder if she eats lead ? kinda looks like it !
Old 02-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I have had them walk out on my range and actually stop my shooting. So that is a very cool picture. And a nice looking doe.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict View Post
Its a lot bigger doe than the photo may show. Pic was taken from the patio.... 150yds. I know the doe. She had twins right by the house this spring. She's been around for awhile and the neighbors let her go too. She's a good 150# dressed.
Yeah I thought she looked big. Our does here weigh around 80-90 dressed, over 90 is a big one. Bucks avg maybe 20-30lbs heavier than the does. Biggest we've ever killed at our place was 145 dressed and that was an anomaly. Most are under 120.

I have some "pets" that hang around my house too. Fun to see them have fawns each year. They always get a pass too. Heck, I don't even shoot does here at my house...only at our lease cause we have too many there.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter View Post
Yeah I thought she looked big. Our does here weigh around 80-90 dressed, over 90 is a big one. Bucks avg maybe 20-30lbs heavier than the does. Biggest we've ever killed at our place was 145 dressed and that was an anomaly. Most are under 120.

I have some "pets" that hang around my house too. Fun to see them have fawns each year. They always get a pass too. Heck, I don't even shoot does here at my house...only at our lease cause we have too many there.
Dang, that's about enough for a good sandwich
Old 02-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

That happened to me but it was a baby antelope. My target was white and I was messing with it putting it up. I look up and there is a baby antelope about 2 feet from me. I wish I would have had a camera.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow it looks so real too?! Is it one of those new targets that react after the shot?