HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Target? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/404301-target.html)

BarnesAddict 02-03-2016 10:09 AM

Target?

edmehlig 02-03-2016 10:41 AM

Reminds me of the time I missed a buck during our rifle season due to the heavy rain that day. I believe the rifle's stock swelled?? Any case a couple days later I went to my club's range and re sighted my rifle. I just loaded another round into the chamber when 6 does trotted by and a 8 pointer followed them and stopped broadside to me less then 50yds away. Unfortunately we're not allowed to hunt deer on the property. Man, I was saying 'Satan get behind me and don't push". Needless to say that was the last buck I saw during that season.

WV Hunter 02-03-2016 10:51 AM

Nice BA. (you're not supposed to put the corn behind the target :D)

That's a big doe. I bet she's bigger than our typical buck around here. How much you think she weighs (dressed)? My guess is 140, but so hard to tell from a pic.

BarnesAddict 02-03-2016 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by WV Hunter (Post 4243295)
Nice BA. (you're not supposed to put the corn behind the target :D)

That's a big doe. I bet she's bigger than our typical buck around here. How much you think she weighs (dressed)? My guess is 140, but so hard to tell from a pic.

Its a lot bigger doe than the photo may show. Pic was taken from the patio.... 150yds. I know the doe. She had twins right by the house this spring. She's been around for awhile and the neighbors let her go too. She's a good 150# dressed.

muzzlestuffer 02-03-2016 11:56 AM

i wonder if she eats lead ? kinda looks like it !

cayugad 02-03-2016 12:36 PM

I have had them walk out on my range and actually stop my shooting. So that is a very cool picture. And a nice looking doe.

WV Hunter 02-03-2016 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict (Post 4243305)
Its a lot bigger doe than the photo may show. Pic was taken from the patio.... 150yds. I know the doe. She had twins right by the house this spring. She's been around for awhile and the neighbors let her go too. She's a good 150# dressed.

Yeah I thought she looked big. Our does here weigh around 80-90 dressed, over 90 is a big one. Bucks avg maybe 20-30lbs heavier than the does. Biggest we've ever killed at our place was 145 dressed and that was an anomaly. Most are under 120.

I have some "pets" that hang around my house too. Fun to see them have fawns each year. They always get a pass too. Heck, I don't even shoot does here at my house...only at our lease cause we have too many there.

BarnesAddict 02-03-2016 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by WV Hunter (Post 4243324)
Yeah I thought she looked big. Our does here weigh around 80-90 dressed, over 90 is a big one. Bucks avg maybe 20-30lbs heavier than the does. Biggest we've ever killed at our place was 145 dressed and that was an anomaly. Most are under 120.

I have some "pets" that hang around my house too. Fun to see them have fawns each year. They always get a pass too. Heck, I don't even shoot does here at my house...only at our lease cause we have too many there.

Dang, that's about enough for a good sandwich :)

idahoron 02-03-2016 04:57 PM

That happened to me but it was a baby antelope. My target was white and I was messing with it putting it up. I look up and there is a baby antelope about 2 feet from me. I wish I would have had a camera.

bronko22000 02-04-2016 06:05 AM

Wow it looks so real too?! Is it one of those new targets that react after the shot?