Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Break Open - What Happened to the Omega? >

Break Open - What Happened to the Omega?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Break Open - What Happened to the Omega?

Old 01-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Im tired of Knight stuff. I wanted the Ultralite completely changed but they didn't listen. I don't want that long stem on breech plugs. I wanted the bolt to be like a rifle bolt to pull the primer out of the breech plug. The primer would be inserted into the breech plug not the bolt.

This is a big reason why I got Bestill building me a 45. I am still using the 17/4 Lehigh plug cause his is 416 stainless. But it will be head spaced and stuff accordingly
OK Tom - you have some people that are totally interested in a reborn Omega or what ever name it comes up with... And you could pencil me in for a 1/24 - 50 because it is more versatile to a larger group of people and a 1/20 - 45... that might rival Idaho Ron's Hot Rod Renegades... No competition in the market place right either as Chet said!

Dang do it!

But it was my ideal! let's have a
Old 01-22-2016, 01:35 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Lol, you and Pete can loan me the money
use that printing press

Old 01-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lol, you and Pete can loan me the money
He has already suggested that to me only you and I put the money up and he gets to be in the front seat of the vehicle....
Old 01-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
OK Tom - you have some people that are totally interested in a reborn Omega or what ever name it comes up with... And you could pencil me in for a 1/24 - 50 because it is more versatile to a larger group of people and a 1/20 - 45... that might rival Idaho Ron's Hot Rod Renegades... No competition in the market place right either as Chet said!

Dang do it!

But it was my ideal! let's have a
It is your idea and I like it. More so then the break action. You know what I'm gonna do so you can start anytime you want. I'll be there in a month or so.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
use that printing press
After 25 years I still haven't accomplished that yet
Old 01-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
He has already suggested that to me only you and I put the money up and he gets to be in the front seat of the vehicle....
This Omega idea is going to keep me from jumping ship and making that MR better everyone thinks I hate.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

This Omega idea is going to keep me from jumping ship and making that MR better everyone thinks I hate.
Ok so this is going to get me in more trouble... the Omega of old is better the MR of today well at least the Optima that I have dinged around with...

But think if you put a GOOD tapered SS barrel on that (take away the TC barrel) and with the other corrections already discussed - GEE WOW!

You know I even think it might be somewhat less expensive to build over all. No machining two pieces for a hinge - a one piece CNC cut stock.

I really want one or two.

I really need to sneak this in also think about how it might be converted to a Western - just sayen

Plus you need to tell Terry that this was all your ideal and that I need one of each....

Last edited by sabotloader; 01-22-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:56 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Make it strong enough that I can shoot 150 gr of Blackhorn pushing a sabotless bullet at 2500 fps if I want to .

Old 01-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
LOL..I'm too poor to lend myself any money.
I'm sorry Muley, I meant Sabotloader. He goes by Mike and Pete.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Make it strong enough that I can shoot 150 gr of Blackhorn pushing a sabotless bullet at 2500 fps if I want to .
What weight of bullet? If it is a normal bullet probably not much of a problem...

That is why I said a 'good' barrel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.