HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Why did you buy your current muzzle loader? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/403806-why-did-you-buy-your-current-muzzle-loader.html)

a1smokepole 01-12-2016 12:32 PM

I like the guns I have for now. but there's always tomorrow and a new gun at a new price. need to see a head doctor about this.

MountainDevil54 01-12-2016 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter (Post 4239134)
Probably a leaky bladder is whats giving you that feeling 😀

I hear them depends itch once you go potty in them :s1:

idahoron 01-12-2016 01:37 PM

Idaho made it's ML hunts round ball only for a couple years so I quit ML hunting. After that foolishness was over I decided that I was going to make a Far Speaker. Idaho opened the door for inlines and I wanted a rifle that not only competed with inlines but surpassed them in every way.
I bought a Green Mountain Barrel and found a donor TC stock. I added a Lyman peep so I could adjust the sight for the shot and a Globe front sight with a BPCR insert for extended range.
That was phase one. Phase two was to develop a conical bullet that was better than anything on the market. Both of those ideas were completed. Now all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the work I did years ago and shoot game. I have plenty other muzzleloader and a few of them inlines. But the Hot Rods were the start of something better in every way.

Landngroove 01-12-2016 01:37 PM

I have recently bought a CVA Optima, and a Wolf. IMHO CVA is now at the head of the pack. Great, accurate muzzleloaders, at a reasonable price. I was for years a T/C guy. Still own many T/C's. In fact my favorite muzzleloader is a T/C Firehawk, which I bought new in the mid 1990's. However, since T/C has been sold ( I won't mention the acquiring company) quality, and service has gone down hill. Very happy with my CVA muzzleloaders !

muzzlestuffer 01-12-2016 02:17 PM

i bought my cva v2/lr to send home and leave there for a muzzy to shoot when i go home to hunt.

Champlain Islander 01-12-2016 02:53 PM

I have a couple. One is a TC Green Mt Carbine in 54 that was my first. Nice gun with open sights and wood stock and I use it mostly now to target shoot with round balls and light charges for the grand kids. My in line is a TC Black Diamond 50 cal with a wood stock and a Nikon scope. Nice gun, inexpensive but the urge to get something a bit more modern with a removable breach plug is probably on the horizon. Then again that gun suits me well and has taken lots of deer. Most of my BP shooting is hunting or sighting in so it serves the purpose. I would like to get a flinter to mess around with on the range.

Landngroove 01-12-2016 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander (Post 4239155)
I have a couple. One is a TC Green Mt Carbine in 54 that was my first. Nice gun with open sights and wood stock and I use it mostly now to target shoot with round balls and light charges for the grand kids.

Green Mountain Carbine ? I have 2 T/C White Mountain Carbines. Great roundball shooters. Bought them back in the 1990's. Are yours modified T/C's with Green Mountain barrels ?

WV Hunter 01-12-2016 05:13 PM

I bought mine because Grouse said it was the best! :s3:

Grouse45 01-12-2016 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by WV Hunter (Post 4239175)
I bought mine because Grouse said it was the best! :s3:

Omg, that was hilarious:cool2::cool2:

Muley Hunter 01-12-2016 06:42 PM

Must not be a CVA. :p