Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off topic, I lost the battle!!! >

Off topic, I lost the battle!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off topic, I lost the battle!!!

Old 01-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Off topic, I lost the battle!!!

But I will win the war. I've been chasing the two bucks all year, and today was my last try. I had the big one at 50yards in bow season, I should of took the shot but didn't. I already changed two bow stands for next year to get one of these guys.

Last edited by Grouse45; 01-10-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

HA!! Not if I gitim first!!! I'll be all healed up and rip rarin to go next season and my big rear is already planning a hunt in Pa!

Oh wait, yer in Saxonburg, never mind, I'll be on the other side of the state so no worries
Old 01-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I love that one rack. Awesome brows!

Both are super bucks. Hopefully they made it.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
HA!! Not if I gitim first!!! I'll be all healed up and rip rarin to go next season and my big rear is already planning a hunt in Pa!

Oh wait, yer in Saxonburg, never mind, I'll be on the other side of the state so no worries
They are on my lease in Ohio. I don't see anything like that in PA.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhh, I've only hunted Ohio a couple times years ago. It does look like we might be getting calls soon from the Southern parts of the state before long for some hog killin though! I been hearing through the "hog vine" they are starting to cause some "difficulties" down that way. From what I've been told, sounds like a few morons thought it was a smart thing to release a bunch of them

BTW, sent you a PM the other night.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:53 AM
Typical Buck

those are some realy nice bucks grouse. got a couple of those on some land in wellington oh. problem is when it is bow season they are just out of range. & when it comes to gun season they are so nockturnal you never see them except on your trail came between 2am & 4am. would love it if ohio had a early muzzy season for does & bucks.
the whiners would complain though.grouse what county are these bucks located in ? have seen some nice bucks taken in adams county & muskingum & licking countys heading out today mon jan 11 with snow finally & its 11 deg right now hi of 19 & tonite a alberta clipper comes thru & 2-4 inches of snow expected will be doing alot of tracking for the final day on tuesday
Old 01-11-2016, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
those are some realy nice bucks grouse. got a couple of those on some land in wellington oh. problem is when it is bow season they are just out of range. & when it comes to gun season they are so nockturnal you never see them except on your trail came between 2am & 4am. would love it if ohio had a early muzzy season for does & bucks.
the whiners would complain though.grouse what county are these bucks located in ? have seen some nice bucks taken in adams county & muskingum & licking countys heading out today mon jan 11 with snow finally & its 11 deg right now hi of 19 & tonite a alberta clipper comes thru & 2-4 inches of snow expected will be doing alot of tracking for the final day on tuesday
Fairfield County
Old 01-11-2016, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

"The whiners would complain though." Sounds like you're the one whining that you can't get it done with a bow so the state needs to cater to you and give you a gun season.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, you are the whiner. You can't get close with a bow, and they go nocturnal in rifle season.

Both problems are solved with better hunting skills. Nocturnal deer don't leave the planet. You can't find them, so blame it on they're nocturnal. It sounds like you can only find them if they're in the open.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Dominant Buck

You didn't really loose. Think of the excitement of next year when maybe they will be more spectacular (if that is possible). Better luck next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.