Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Over and OUT!!

Old 12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

You go first for the bear hunt.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure what kind of flintlocks you fellows have used in the past but I will say this, my flintlocks are absolutely as reliable as percussions...In fact, I have helped many of my friends pull a ball from their percussion gun...

As far as changing how much powder is in the pan, banking powder, etc...This is the sign of an improperly made flintlock...In a well built flinter the touch hole is behind the heel of the frizzen so you can fill the pan up and not worry about the fuse effect...With a well built flinter, there is no clatch boom...As long as your powder is dry and your flint sharp she will go off, every time...

It's all about learning your weapon and what it will do...
Old 12-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keep yur powder dry pilgrim...

Yup! Keep yurn..........
Old 12-20-2015, 05:26 AM
JW
Super Moderator

One last thing BPS did nothing wrong. His terminology I have never heard of. Bazooka Joe goes back to WWII. Reason the word and his post is still there.

I banned 1874 for violating Rule 1 which was language.
Call me a prude if you want, but you can not swear on the pages here. Many of you have gotten a PM from me asking you to correct that. Just because you have reached a certain age does not mean you now have earned a right to say it like it is. That is no excuse. You know better.
I must ask you though.
Do you talk to your grandkids like that?
They could be the ones reading these pages. Think about that.

Anyone always has the option to go to the Admin with anything I have done. Just hit the Contact Us button at the Bottom and register your complaint. If I made a mistake I will own up to it.

Dave.....JW
Ps this thread was locked and will be opened later. I will touch nothing written about me. Don't care. I have my ethics and you have yours. It is all a man has. I can stand by mine.