Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Triple Seven Primers And White Hot Pellets >

Triple Seven Primers And White Hot Pellets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triple Seven Primers And White Hot Pellets

Old 11-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Triple Seven Primers And White Hot Pellets

A friend had long used Winchester or Remington 777 primers with Pyrodex pellets in his .50 CVA Mag Hunter with no problem.

The other day he called and said his rifle would not fire. He brought the gun by here: He had run out of Pyrodex pellets and bought White Hot pellets. The 777 primers were too weak for the job.

Gave my friend some Black MZ powder and some Winchester shotgun primers. Now i have bunch of White Hot pellets.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

I've shot my Savage smokeless for a dozen years now (N110 powder) But I kept my 25yr old Knight Wolverine for my sons & guests. A couple of years ago I tried the White Hots but I'm not impressed. I'm buying my son a TC Impact nextyear & it'll likely have Bighorn 210 in it. I'll likely go back to Pyro pellets in my ill Wolverine. It's a 22" barrel, I only shoot 100grn charges & 250grn bullets & keep the distance under 125ish anyway. Just tried the White Hots because of the hype but now see it was just that...

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 11-02-2015 at 10:51 PM.