Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Remington 700 mls Info???? >

Remington 700 mls Info????

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington 700 mls Info????

Old 10-31-2015, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blackhorn209 is far less corrosive and the fouling has much less effect on the ability to reload. Most subs need some swabbing between shots. Blackhorn209 basically needs none. Its also far less effected by humidity and shelf life is similar to smokeless. It is also cleaned with smokeless type cleaning solvents such as Hoppes.

Its main drawback is it requires a 209 primer and a good breach plug design.

Triple7 loose powder will yield about the best speed with caps and the least amount of fouling. Use real black if you want the easiest powder to ignite.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I loves me some Swiss FFG. I just got converted to the Blackhorn crowd this year and do love the stuff. But if you are going to stick with an 11 for now, it's hard to beat the consistency and power of Swiss BP. Lights off wonderfully and as long as you do a careful job of loading up your powder measure (by volume) the consistency of the granules will give you an accurate load. I tend to load my speed loaders up by weight rather than volume. But I'm a little more picky than most
Old 11-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer real Swiss BP to Triple7 or Pyrodex. In my area Swiss is about the same price as Triple7 so its a no brainer. Close to the same speed, excellent quality and no nasty crud ring.

Olde Enysford might be easier to find and its much cheaper. In my area its about the same price as Pyrodex or even cheaper. OE is gaining in popularity pretty quickly with those that want real black and more speed than regular Goex.