Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shockey's Gold Super Powder on the range >

Shockey's Gold Super Powder on the range

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shockey's Gold Super Powder on the range

Old 10-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmmm I wonder who actually makes the stuff? Considering American Pioneer Powder INC. is registered as a shipping and freight company and not a manufacturing company.

COMPANY OVERVIEW
AMERICAN PIONEER POWDER INC is in the Arrangement of Transportation of Freight and Cargo industry in WHITEWATER, CO. This company currently has approximately 5 to 10 employees and annual sales of $500,000 to $999,999.
Can't seem to find the manufacturer of this product for some reason.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

The APP corporate address is:

American Pioneer Powder, Inc.
20423 State Road 7 #F6-268, Boca Raton, Florida 33498
Toll Free 888.756.7693

The APP manufacturing facility is located at:

1475 Blair Road, Whitewater, Colorado 81527
Old 10-10-2015, 05:26 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
hmmmm I wonder who actually makes the stuff? Considering American Pioneer Powder INC. is registered as a shipping and freight company and not a manufacturing company.

Regardless of who manufactures it , one fact remains , it's the right powder to use for shooting powerbelts out of Spanish guns . Somehow those three just seem to belong together .
Some may remember this thread
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/342190-new-app-super-powder.html

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 10-10-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by super_hunt54

It is an APP powder and it sucks moisture something terrible.. It is kinda like small gravel of all different sizes.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
It is an APP powder and it sucks moisture something terrible.. It is kinda like small gravel of all different sizes.
My experience w/this powder was that it was accurate out of an early model "24 barrel CVA and a TC Omega w/245 and 295 PB h point bullets. It loaded fairly easy but took quite a bit of swabbing to clean the bore. Can't attest to stated velocity or variation. The powder was temperature sensitive-not a big deal when used in season. The powder does seem quite course and needs attention for consistent volume loading.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that's some big grains! I've seen finer course cat litter.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Banned

thats actually fine vs the old APP powder. It flows into my hawkens drum without trouble though.

Getting ready here to head out to my range and do a little more testing. I brought 3 .020" patches with me to try out as well.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Contrary to popular myth the APP powders do not "suck moisture". They simply clump. Shake the can and the clumps break up.

A gentleman on another site knows more about blackpowder and the substitutes than anyone else alive. He has extensively tested the APP powders. His tests show APP powders to be no more hygroscopic than blackpowder or the other BP substitutes.

Last edited by falcon; 10-10-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Banned

I've actually had t7 clump up more than any other sub and I live in a fairly "dry" area. In all the years of bp shooting, ive shot only 2lbs of t7 due to the accuracy issues ive had with it. The t7 pellets were the worse of the bunch.

Haven't shot anything yet. Had to back fill a trench cut for water/power to the new shop, so this took some time out of my day. That's ok, nice and cool during the evening!
Old 10-10-2015, 12:29 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by falcon
Contrary to popular myth the APP powders do not "suck moisture". They simply clump. Shake the can and the clumps break up.

A gentleman on another site knows more about blackpowder and the substitutes than anyone else alive. He has extensively tested the APP powders. His tests show APP powders to be no more hygroscopic than blackpowder or the other BP substitutes.
It actually produces moisture when fired according to APP's own website And it is very hydroscopic . So first they suck moisture . Then they produce moisture. So regardless of the only living expert and his tests , my results have proven to me that its the worst powder produced , You can have it all . I will stick with blackhorn and 777

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.