Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
And another on down >

And another on down

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

And another on down

Old 10-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Spike

Default And another on down

OK guys, I'm taking a break. I got into a ground blind this afternoon that I haven't tried yet this season. Two hours later a couple of does came out and fed for quite a while. Right at dusk, a 7 pointer came out but I let him walk in the hopes of my daughter getting a shot at him on Friday or Saturday afternoon. There was about 30 minutes of daylight left when a pretty little 9 pointer stepped into the path for a total of 5 bucks and 6 does. I ranged him at 163 yards and pulled the trigger on my Knight Ultra Lite. He went straight down. Needless to say, them deer can't take those 250 grain Bloodlines being pushed by 110 grains of Blackhorn 209.

Guys, I have been on a search for a quality muzzleloader and a load that was "PERFECT" for it. It was Sabotloader that recommended the rifle and came up with the load that has made me as successful as I have been this year. A little luck, does hurt either. Thanks Mike for everything that you have done for me including being a great friend!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

He is the pic Ray... nice job!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice one Bigtimer. Congratulations!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a nice deer. It sounds like a great load in a good rifle.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BigtimerNC View Post
OK guys, I'm taking a break. I got into a ground blind this afternoon that I haven't tried yet this season. Two hours later a couple of does came out and fed for quite a while. Right at dusk, a 7 pointer came out but I let him walk in the hopes of my daughter getting a shot at him on Friday or Saturday afternoon. There was about 30 minutes of daylight left when a pretty little 9 pointer stepped into the path for a total of 5 bucks and 6 does. I ranged him at 163 yards and pulled the trigger on my Knight Ultra Lite. He went straight down. Needless to say, them deer can't take those 250 grain Bloodlines being pushed by 110 grains of Blackhorn 209.

Guys, I have been on a search for a quality muzzleloader and a load that was "PERFECT" for it. It was Sabotloader that recommended the rifle and came up with the load that has made me as successful as I have been this year. A little luck, does hurt either. Thanks Mike for everything that you have done for me including being a great friend!!!
Now... lets see you can have a good rifle and a good load but you the hunter still has to find the animals and make the shot so I am thinking a majority of the credit goes to the hunter.

And I think that Redfield Revenge helps the cause a lot also.

You are having a great year - you going to have any tags left for rifle season?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck and nice shot Ray.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Spike

I have 3 tags left. Thanks Jim.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

Big Timer is thinning out the deer herd in NC for sure! Nice buck and nice shooting. I like that same 110gr. load of BH209 in my CVA Wolf as well. Cant wait for BP season to get here myself.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job, congrats!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I wish we could get more than one tag. Here in Idaho we can buy a second non resident tag if they are available but for the most part I am stuck with one.
Great job on the deer! That Sabotloader is a great guys isn't he!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.