Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Small Game fun

Old 09-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Small Game fun

Had a little time this evening to slip out on the farm and chase some bushy tails. My little .32 traditions crocket rifle with 15 gr of pyrodex p and a .310 prb with.015 pillow-ticking and lubed with bear grease makes her shoot one ragged hole at 25 yds. I really enjoy muzzleloading and that puts the fun in chasing squirrels. I can't wait to try out my new .36 cal frontier flintlock. I have killed several squirrels with the .32 and it will be hard to beat. Besides how much fun can ya have shooting and it costs ya less than a $1.
Attached Thumbnails Small Game fun-image.jpg  
Old 09-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

What could be more relaxing than drifting through the Fall woods with a light small caliber smoke pole shooting targets of opportunity?

I have a little .32 CVA Squirrel percussion. I have woods. Now all I need is some dang FALL weather.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Its cooling down nice here in Northern Wisconsin. Some of the Maple are starting to go red, and the poplar are getting slight yellow. Soon it will be hard call fall. I have thought of getting a custom built .32 caliber with a long swamped barrel just for small game and small holes in paper.

That little rifle of yours does a good job. Congratulations on a nice squirrel. I bet that was a lot of fun.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Since started squirrel hunting with my little 32 crocket I am convinced it's the most fun a man can have. It will be cool out tomorrow morning and I will slip out with the .32 and enjoy a couple hours slipping through the woods. I found the trick for accuracy with the little rifle is to swab it out with a windex dampened patch every shot or two. I put a few in an old plastic snuff can and carry them in my possibles bag. The small bore will foul fairly quickly if it's not swabbed out regularly. The rifle is light and just plain ole fashioned fun to hunt with plus fried squirrel and squirrel dumplin's is a bonus. I got my schutzen BP today so I will get to work up a load for my .36 frontier.