Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
MK85 is mounted and ready to go. >

MK85 is mounted and ready to go.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

MK85 is mounted and ready to go.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Me too. Always wanted one. But the current models are a little too pricey for me.

http://www.rokon.com/bikes/rokon-hunters
Old 09-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Speaking of bikes - anyone remember those 2 wheelers that had the tires that were as wide as they were tall. They were motor bikes used for hunting and advertised in the back of hunting magazines. I always dreamed of owning one of them as a kid.
You mean one of these?
Old 09-14-2015, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Speaking of bikes - anyone remember those 2 wheelers that had the tires that were as wide as they were tall. They were motor bikes used for hunting and advertised in the back of hunting magazines. I always dreamed of owning one of them as a kid.
My buddy has one. He likes it. Personally, I could never use one of them over a 4 wheeler / ATV.

A buddy of mine uses a regular mountain bike sometimes when some hunting public grounds (no motorized allowed).
Old 09-14-2015, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am liking the bikes, more power to ya and good luck this season.

Have been thinking of modifying my mountain bike for going hunting but not sure if I really want to.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

The Rokon Trailbreaker model two wheeler. http://www.rokon.com/bikes/trail-breaker I actually got to ride when I was young. They still make them. They were not fast and you wore really good support boots because you rode/walked in real ruff areas. But they were pretty cool.

When I was young my father purchased two Honda 90 Trail bikes for when him and mother went camping. He purchased a motorhome for them and these little minnie bike/motorcycle cross things sat on a thing off the back of the rig. Suddenly they disappeared. Both of them. Seems my father could not stay up on one. So they were declared dangerous and sold!

Then he got a Honda 60cc motorcyle for the kids. But alas I had seen too many Evil Knievel shows, tried to jump off a railroad loading dock and broke the forks off it. That was declared dangerous, and sold!

Then I got a 125cc Suzuki trail/street legal motor cycle. But as I grew the cycle did not and it too went by the way. Now I just got a new toy ...

Its a Polaris Sportsman 570cc 4x4 wheeler. I still have my old one too. And to be honest I like my old Polaris better then the new one. But I need them to get around in the woods, plow snow, pull trees, etc. Also our gun cases in Wisconsin have to be enclosed. No open tops.

But I bet them little bikes go through stuff a lot better then you'd think.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave that thing will go anywhere. My bro-in-law has a 500, and last year he drove it in 18" fresh snow on our farm up a pretty steep hill with no problem. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadnt watched him. Rather than hunting, he just rode around on his new toy smiling from ear to ear. They ride super nice, you will be happy

Re: the Rokon, yeah my buddies will go about anywhere. Geared low and plenty of power. Just not nearly as user friendly as an ATV.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think my Polaris Sportsman is a 1999. It has worked great for us. I put chains on the rear wheels for ice fishing.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the Detroit area, we have the Woodward and Gratiot Cruises for an all-day affair featuring old, nostalgia, collectable cars from our past. These old, restored vehicles spend the entire weekend cruising the two biggest main roads along metro Detroit and a hundred thousand or more people will take time-out to line the streets in enjoyment of all these vehicles. Some even bring their lawn chairs and camp-out a day or two in advance.

I'm thinking a day should be set aside where all ML'ers gather to feature all their old relic MLs..... much like the MK85, which I'm sure is one of the classic relics of the nostalgic inline crowd.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 09-14-2015 at 10:57 AM.