Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Barnes 290 T-EZ Repeat >

Barnes 290 T-EZ Repeat

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Barnes 290 T-EZ Repeat

Old 08-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnes 290 T-EZ Repeat

This morning the bullet was once again shot through carpet, plywood, and into water jugs. However this time the plywood was cut in half, thus was thinner than it was in the first test. Range was 25 yard. Powder charge was 80g Blackhorn.

The photo shows the jugs arranged as they were before the shot. The first jug is toasted; the second jug has a big split out the side, and is destroyed. The third, and fourth jugs have a hole in, and a hole out. The fifth jug has a hole in, and is where the bullet stopped.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is that purty or what?
Old 08-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big difference from last time!! Sorry Ron, I guess this means you have to repeat each test again, maybe a group of three just to be sure.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO, no, no, the thickness of the plywood in this test is the same as the thickness in all the earlier tests.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

What happened over time, and test, is we ran out of the shelving we started with. The shelving was given by the lady instead of her tossing it. When it was gone, it was replaced by some thicker plywood found out in the garden shed. Right away, it seemed the thicker stuff, skewed the results, and another test or two, revealed it did indeed. The thicker plywood was re-sawn, and now is about the same thickness as the original shelving.

It may be some material will have to be purchased, but for now the goal is to use up what is laying around here. Hopefully, hunting season will start, before we run out of scrap plywood.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Hopefully, hunting season will start, before we run out of scrap plywood.
LOL!

You're a good man Ron! Its certainly alot of work - not to mention time, effort, energy and $. Thanks for the reports! You are providing some solid info that people can use. Hopefully its somewhat fun for you too

Interesting the perfect flower this time.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Banned

just as I figured. The flower of death once more shows her true beauty. Now this I am sure barnes is very well aware of! They just work beautifully.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

If a little thicker plywood can plug the H.P. what else can? Friend of mine went on a buffalo hunt and had one not open on a buffalo, it went down after a while both lungs were holed, but I have been a bit leery of the Barnes ever since.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:01 AM
Banned

buff'ler are big critters. Dont expect them to drop on a dime.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
If a little thicker plywood can plug the H.P. what else can? Friend of mine went on a buffalo hunt and had one not open on a buffalo, it went down after a while both lungs were holed, but I have been a bit leery of the Barnes ever since.
Lee, it's the norm. This has been going on for a long time. People are slowly learning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.