Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off Topic Anniversary in the Black hills... >

Off Topic Anniversary in the Black hills...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic Anniversary in the Black hills...

Old 08-13-2015, 02:36 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Default Off Topic Anniversary in the Black hills...

I have not done any fly fishing in many a years. So since it was my anniversary I thought that would be a good time to go fly fishing.

The wife doesn't fish but she went along and took a few pics.

So I decided to share them with you in a link below, so you can see the Black Hills area this time of year. So in celebration of 23 years here is what I did.

http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/bl...ow/Anniversary

I caught 16 Rainbow in the 13-17 inch range and one 20 inch brown. The Brown was the highlight of the trip. I released all .Been so long since I fly fished I had forgot how much fun it was.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Beautiful country. It looks like you really had a great time.

My sister lives in Pierre S.D. and keeps telling me to come visit for a while and enjoy all the wild country and stuff. One of my favorite fishing areas when I travel out there is around Mobridge S.D. We used to fish walleye in Lake Oahe
Old 08-13-2015, 02:47 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by cayugad
Beautiful country. It looks like you really had a great time.

My sister lives in Pierre S.D. and keeps telling me to come visit for a while and enjoy all the wild country and stuff. One of my favorite fishing areas when I travel out there is around Mobridge S.D. We used to fish walleye in Lake Oahe
lake Oahe seems to be the walleye hot spot of choice. I have never fished east river even though I have lived here a very long time. Some day maybe I will have to try it out. If you ever visit your sister you are close to me, so stop by and visit. we can go shooting in the pasture . I go to Piere for chess tournaments a few times a year . It's only a little over 2 hours so you would be close enough to stop by.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

The link won't open for me...photobucket says is private?

I was stationed in Rapid City, SD in the early 70's. One of my favorite memories about that area was one summer we changed work schedule hours so I had more time off to fish. I caught over 60 trout that summer, most with a fly rod. It was the best fly fishing I have ever done. I took everyone of them back to the appt. and fried them up to a golden brown very good eating...reminded me of home.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really appreciated viewing those photos...... Thanks.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very impressive Chet. I have done some ice fishing in NE SD for walleye and jumbo perch and it has been fantastic except not great in the scenery department.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Link worked this time, thanks!! Very beautiful country...I remember just wading in with cutoff shorts and tennis shoes. The trout would swim by me while I was casting. Got to love that!!

39 years for me on the 28th, we are going to Red Lobster, probably only fish I will see...
Old 08-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a beautiful place!! Thanks
Old 08-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really neat. I suspect every one of us here would have liked to be along on that trip. KUDOS to the photographer.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

I love the Black Hills!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.