Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
States requiring more than .40 caliber >

States requiring more than .40 caliber

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

States requiring more than .40 caliber

Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get it in writing
Old 08-25-2015, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep yep. And signed and notarized and witnessed. Cuzz I aint ever seen any state that allowed for the size of a sabot in projectile size limits. Since it has absolutely nothing to do with terminal performance. I think I would have a conversation with someone else cuzz that guy might be a little confused Your regs clearly state a projectile.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:13 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
yep yep. And signed and notarized and witnessed. Cuzz I aint ever seen any state that allowed for the size of a sabot in projectile size limits. Since it has absolutely nothing to do with terminal performance. I think I would have a conversation with someone else cuzz that guy might be a little confused Your regs clearly state a projectile.
The guy is the one in charge in pierre . And i have a voicemail clearly stating that as long as bullet and sabot( together ) are at least 44 i am legal . Thats good enough for me .

Old 08-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i feel bad for the family. It will be embarrassing when they have to admit their father is in jail for a violation of regulation clearly stated in the handbook.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Banned

careful, we've gone through this in CO about sabots in rifle season. I think we got something like 3 different answers. minimum .44cal projectile seems pretty clear to me though.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Colorado rules are very simple to understand and clearly explained.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Banned

not when it comes with pellets and sabots during rifle season and different officers. Call Pueblo and ask about using sabots during rifle season. Bonnie will connect you with a fellow that says No, the sabots are not legal in rifle season because they do not produce enough energy.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
............. No, the sabots are not legal in rifle season because they do not produce enough energy.
That makes a lot of sense...............
Old 08-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Banned

they get real smart ones to make our hunting laws obviously LOL. That goes for everywhere else. Some states they actually need to improve their minimums IMO.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
they get real smart ones to make our hunting laws obviously LOL. That goes for everywhere else. Some states they actually need to improve their minimums IMO.
That was partly why I came up with this search. I've seen some pretty ridiculous regulations and then I've seen some downright unethical ones! Those being no restrictions on bore size OR bullet caliber! As was said earlier, give some slobs the choice and they will go out there with BB guns trying to take an Elk!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.