Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
XTP--80 Grain Conditions >

XTP--80 Grain Conditions

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

XTP--80 Grain Conditions

Old 07-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

I'd be interested in seeing how the .452/300 XTP (non mag) performs in this test if you get a chance.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, those are available to me; will give them a try.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ron, you've done so many different ones I've lost track. Have you already done the .452/300 XTP Mags?
Old 07-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Ron, you've done so many different ones I've lost track. Have you already done the .452/300 XTP Mags?
That has been a stud of a bullet for me over the years. There was time in the 90's where VA was handing out bonus tags like candy and I can't tell you how many does died at the hands of these bullets. All you had to do was put one through both front shoulders and they never moved. Plus as a side bonus, they destroyed the shoulders so much I didn't have to fool with messing with crappy front shoulder meat.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by toytruck
I'd be interested in seeing how the .452/300 XTP (non mag) performs in this test if you get a chance.
They do a job on deer...
Old 07-15-2015, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta' believe the 240 XTP Mag has harvested more deer than the 300 grain. That 300 is overkill, even in the non-Mag version of that bullet, when using the typical / most popular 100 grain load that a large majority of ML hunters use today.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
Gotta' believe the 240 XTP Mag has harvested more deer than the 300 grain. That 300 is overkill, even in the non-Mag version of that bullet, when using the typical / most popular 100 grain load that a large majority of ML hunters use today.
You should see what my 460g Bullshop load does on southern whitetails...
Old 07-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TNHagies
You should see what my 460g Bullshop load does on southern whitetails...
My bum shoulder says I still have 200 No Excuse bullets (460 gr) in my basement. I am forced to shoot lightweight 180-225 gr. bullets these days.

I do hope your business thrives and is highly successful. Wish I could use them and do wish they were promoted more often on ML messageboards like this on. Those Bullshop bullets are well deserving and devastating on deer and elk I've witnessed online.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TNHagies
That has been a stud of a bullet for me over the years. There was time in the 90's where VA was handing out bonus tags like candy and I can't tell you how many does died at the hands of these bullets. All you had to do was put one through both front shoulders and they never moved. Plus as a side bonus, they destroyed the shoulders so much I didn't have to fool with messing with crappy front shoulder meat.
Shoulder meat makes great jerky and deer burger, I don't waste any venison that I kill. The grandkids will clean it out for me!
Old 07-15-2015, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en

I do hope your business thrives and is highly successful. Wish I could use them and do wish they were promoted more often on ML messageboards like this on. Those Bullshop bullets are well deserving and devastating on deer and elk I've witnessed online.

I agree with everything you said, but just to clarify, I don't make the Bullshops. When I say "my" I just mean the load I use with them.