Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
215 and 185 CF bullets by Lehigh Defense >

215 and 185 CF bullets by Lehigh Defense

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

215 and 185 CF bullets by Lehigh Defense

Old 07-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 215 and 185 CF bullets by Lehigh Defense

Today I was shooting a new/used 45 Knight Super Disc. I was also shooting over the Chrono to get some velocities to get actual BC'S of the new CF .40cal bullets by Lehigh Defense.

I started with the 215CF bullet. Even though this target doesn't look great, it's hot out and barrel heat is high for sure.

So after grabbing a quick bite and letting the barrel cool, I shot the 185grn CF bullets. I must say, this is one of the best groups I've shot at 100 yards in a long time. As you can see I taped over the holes from the 215grn bullet. It's pretty funny, I gave out 10,000 targets to both gun clubs and I'm taping holes??? Lol

I think the first time I shot this bullet in the 1/20 I thought it was to fast to shoot real accurate. Well this target proved me wrong. I also found some stock issues with this gun, so I changed stocks and I'm going back out in the morning.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL shooting groups that good I would say leave that damn stock alone! Unless there's a crack in the tang or something that would be a safety concern. Me thinks that rifle likes that 185gr CF!
Old 07-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
LOL shooting groups that good I would say leave that damn stock alone! Unless there's a crack in the tang or something that would be a safety concern. Me thinks that rifle likes that 185gr CF!
It's a funny story. Driving home I was talking to Sabotloader on the phone. After he told me the BC of the 215 bullet I wanted to go to the other range and shoot at 200 yards. Starting out at 100 yards accuracy was terrible. I then noticed my stock was really loose. When I tightened it up my ramrod wouldn't come out. So I took my rod out and tightened up the stock and shot a 2" group at 100. Not good, so I brought it home and switched stocks and problem solved. Both stocks are the same so haven't figured out what went wrong yet. So back out in the morning to try it out.