Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Range boxes

Old 04-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Range boxes

Just wondering what others may use for their range box. Also wondering if anyone has or is using one of these?

http://www.harborfreight.com/eight-d...est-94538.html

Its certainly not a Gerstner but, for the price it may be a good range box. I found one review that included dimensions.

http://www.toolchest-site.com/13/woo...indsor-design/
Old 04-03-2015, 06:51 AM
Dominant Buck

How portable do you think that is? Although it might work fine for the house box. I have a house box and then load a field bag that I take out. The field bag holds the powder, projectiles, tool, and misc items that I need when on the range.

That sure is a nice looking tool chest.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
How portable do you think that is? Although it might work fine for the house box. I have a house box and then load a field bag that I take out. The field bag holds the powder, projectiles, tool, and misc items that I need when on the range.

That sure is a nice looking tool chest.
Its obviously heavier but, when I shoot I'm not far from the benches at the range. Now that I load using the Lane's tubes, I don't need the extra depth I need now. The club is just over 25 miles away, so I can't forget anything. The match in Friendship is over 9-10 hours one way and I certainly can't forget anything on that trip.

At home, I like things in the open on shelves, where I can reach them quickly, however that would also be dandy on the bench.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I keep everything in possible bags, one for every caliber. Then put the bullets/powder/shooting rest/telescope/targets in a bigger cardboard box an carry to the bench.

I now have a 25 mile trek to the range also...
Old 04-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

For trips to the range I used a Stanley portable tool box. I don't remember exactly where I got it either Home Depot or Sears. The handle extends so it is easy to pull behind you. My only complaint about it is that you cannot easily attach any rifles to it, you still have to carry those. Below is a picture of it.

Some day when I have the time I would like to make my own range box.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...190_em_1p_0_lm
Its a fishing box, but would work...
Old 04-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

BarnesAddict

Wow! those are huge - you actually pack those around?

I guess I am going the opposite direction in that I feel I need the portability.

This simple tool box contains most everything I might need on a range trip or even while hunting..

Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Old 04-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take-along a fishing tackle box. The spacer inserts can be easily swapped around or removed.

http://www.temensisfishing.com/wp-co...tackle-box.jpg
Old 04-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use the same basic set up as Sabotloader, My arrangement is different but that's to be expected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.