Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Cooper of Montana - New Muzzleloder >

Cooper of Montana - New Muzzleloder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cooper of Montana - New Muzzleloder

Old 02-13-2015, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

The money they want for the Cooper would sure buy a nice custom built Hawken. We all have different tastes, and the Hawken would be mine.

For those who want the Cooper. Go for it. It doesn't mean squat if someone else doesn't agree with your choice.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Spike

Just my two cents here from experience, one of the first things i ever purchased out of high school was a deluxe grade deer gun, fancy wood, engraving, etc. i bought it as an investment and took it hunting one time. I shot a nice deer with it and in the process of getting the deer out i put a very small scratch in the receiver. From that day on i figured it was a used gun. I have carried that thing through the worst weather i will ever hunt in, Shot my two biggest bucks with it and put many many others on the ground, that beat up (but very well taken care of) gun will go to my son someday and he will know that it was his ol mans "right arm" so to speak. By far and away my favorite gun of all time. No regrets. If you want it....buy it.... but be damn sure to use it! After we are gone who cares anyway?
Old 02-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Spike

1600 to three thousand for a gun that will only shoot 150 grains, I think I will keep my Knight and others
Old 02-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Top pretty to take into the woods and scratch up! I have a pretty Kimber 84 in .338 Federal and It still hasn't been in the woods yet.

Or my High Wall:

Or My Ruger M77, 300 Win Mag:

Sorry, sometimes it just gets a little boring reading these posts without any pictures!

Maybe next year.

But guess I'll just stick with my work horse:

Old 03-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
The money they want for the Cooper would sure buy a nice custom built Hawken. We all have different tastes, and the Hawken would be mine.

For those who want the Cooper. Go for it. It doesn't mean squat if someone else doesn't agree with your choice.
Muley, I just thought it was kind of neat that someone else was going to enter the marketplace with another muzzleloader.

It certainly is not going cut into CVA's market at all in the terms of competition - but I am betting there will be people out there do buy one or more.

I sure would like to see one in real life!
Old 03-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the entry level Cooper ML comes in at around $1500, they should have no problem competing against brands like Ultimate Firearms.

Atleast the Cooper is a custom action with a true Timney trigger and not a worked over Remington 700 SA.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
If the entry level Cooper ML comes in at around $1500, they should have no problem competing against brands like Ultimate Firearms.

Atleast the Cooper is a custom action with a true Timney trigger and not a worked over Remington 700 SA.
The Ultimate Firearms action is the X40.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do not know all the particulars but from what I have seen - I certainly would consider the Coop especially if you were wanting to shoot loose powder or BH...
Old 03-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
The Ultimate Firearms action is the X40.
And what is a 40X, a Rem700 SA without a mag well cutout.

Nothing really that special about it, You can get one in the new Rem Ultimate for around $800-900.

Its not like UF is using a 40X rimfire action that is super expensive.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

And what is a 40X, a Rem700 SA without a mag well cutout.

Nothing really that special about it, You can get one in the new Rem Ultimate for around $800-900.

Its not like UF is using a 40X rimfire action that is super expensive.
Its just the most sought after actions by benchrest and target shooters. The guys are buying up the $750-$800 40X action RU, then having them all converted with premium barrels, also with a limitless number of custom triggers available. We know this, because Jeff has them 'stacked floor to ceiling'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.