Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What was your first?? >

What was your first??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What was your first??

Old 02-20-2015, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

TC .54 percussion Renegade w/o QLA bought it new in 1993 an killed my first ML buck with it that fall (spike). I still have it an will never sell it!! Its going to my younger son when I don't need it anymore.

I owned a .32 TC Cherokee an sold it to fund a .54 FireHawk, had a young family an couldn't use the Cherokee on deer was my excuse...I still miss that little rifle. Sold the FireHawk after many a deer to fund the .50 Encore, then discovered the Whites.

Sold the Encore, (don't miss it one bit)...been buying, shooting, killing deer ever since now with the Whites an have had several of them, still have a few....
Old 02-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

It was a .50 cal. NEF Sidekick, and I still have it as one of my backups:

She took over a dozen deer in about the same amount of years!!! It would shoot anything, but I liked the 300 g XTP and 95 grs. of Pyrodex powder.

Last edited by rafsob; 02-20-2015 at 11:05 AM.