Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Way, Way Off Topic - Christmas Gift Wrapping >

Way, Way Off Topic - Christmas Gift Wrapping

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Way, Way Off Topic - Christmas Gift Wrapping

Old 12-10-2014, 04:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Way, Way Off Topic - Christmas Gift Wrapping

Got this tip from my mother-in-law years ago. It's saved me much aggravation.

If you have a very large package to wrap, don't bother with those skimpy rolls of gift wrap. Get a large, cheap paper Christmas theme table cloth from a party store.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Never liked wrapping Christmas Presents. Always left that to the women to do. And if I did have to wrap something... the store would do that for me.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was surprised to see plastic cheaper than paper here below (2.99 vs 3.99)

http://www.partycity.com/category/so...able+covers.do
Old 12-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not a problem. I don't give gifts, or even have anybody to give them to.

signed

Scrooge
Old 12-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing my father in law told me years ago is each Christmas and each birthday buy yourself something nice...That way you know you get one good gift!!!

Smart man...

I don't bother wrapping my own gifts, my 3 daughters take care of buying my wife's..
Old 12-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Not a problem. I don't give gifts, or even have anybody to give them to.

signed

Scrooge
I am kind of in the same boat. Even though I have family, how do you buy something for people that have near everything you'd want to purchase for them within reason. I mean I am not going to buy them a car or something. But to get my family members something, well they probably have two of them. So we all decided years ago, not to buy gifts. Some of us don't even send cards. Just a phone call instead.

Christmas is for children I say... and wives that used to DEMAND something even when they told you not to. Ever run into one of them.. "Don't buy me anything" means you better pick out something really nice for me. Or I make you New Years a living H3LL.

Instead, I purchase something really off the wall for myself. One year a new truck. Another year a custom made flintlock rifle. I am sure looking at AR15 rifles and maybe a .45 1911 Colt this year.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm saving up for a new fly rod, but it will have to be a late Christmas gift for myself.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm saving up for a new fly rod, but it will have to be a late Christmas gift for myself.
Just sold one you missed out on.

Orvis Battenkill bamboo 5w and Hardy reel. Built in 1973, NEVER used, condition considered "Unique". Man I got a pile of money for that and I didn't have to wrap it.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

You see Scrouge, you do have at least one person to buy gifts for. Hope Santa is good to you and Merry Christmas!

Cal
Old 12-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

BA.........I have enough bamboo rods. I want to try fishing the old (300 years old) North Country Spider flies as was done in the UK. It takes at least a 10' rod to do it right.

A 10' bamboo would weigh a ton, so I have to go to graphite. Probably a Hardy to keep in the spirit of this type of fishing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.