Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Where is it at Knight? >

Where is it at Knight?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Where is it at Knight?

Old 12-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Where is it at Knight?

So....almost a year ago (2014 SHOT show) Knight showed a rifle that was supposed to be released called the KPX. I believe that there was going to be a fixed muzzleloader one and one that accepted different caliber barrels. It appears that idea is gone since of course it never became available and there is no talk about it. A fast twist .45 (like what was rumored) or a 45-70 converted would of peaked my interest quite a bit.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:25 PM
1874sharpsshooter

You had a new knight mountaineer in .52 cal How come you never shot it ?

Old 12-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
You had a new knight mountaineer in .52 cal How come you never shot it ?
I didn't start a thread about the knight mountaineer or a .52 caliber. Its about the break action kpx that was supposed to be released with an available fast twist .45 or 45-70 barrel which I am interested in.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:40 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by chaded
I didn't start a thread about the knight mountaineer or a .52 caliber. Its about the break action kpx that was supposed to be released with an available fast twist .45 or 45-70 barrel which I am interested in.
True , wrong thread

Old 12-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually tested an early stage prototype of that muzzleloader awhile ago. I believe they are working on getting the equipment to build internally at Knight rifles.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

I understand that LHR, the company that is building the new Redemption muzzleloader has or is planning to offer a metallic cartridge option for their new gun. Makes sense as I understand the founders of this new company all worked for TC before it was sold. I've been shooting their MZ for 3 months and it's a well made(all American made) gun that shoots well and has a bunch of neat features, and is the easiest MZ to clean up that I've ever shot. See reviews elsewhere on this site.