Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

OT: supper

Old 12-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default OT: supper

Well my daughter had to do a Home Ec project, cooking a meal (actually 3 meals, but this was the first). Since I shot a small doe last weekend, she chose bacon wrapped backstraps, mashed potatoes, and corn.

I helped her out a little by helping her wrap the chunks, and helped her cook the meat. We just fried them in a skillet. She did the potatoes and corn on her own. First round on the potatoes didn't turn out so well... she used tablespoons of salt instead of teaspoons.

We were all set to eat, and she tasted the potatoes and said "I think I might have messed up, are they supposed to taste like saltwater? " LOL

Quick redo using instant potatoes, and we were good to go! Not sure what she has planned for the other two meals, but I bet she follows the directions a little closer.
Attached Thumbnails OT: supper-backstraps.jpg   OT: supper-meal.jpg  
Old 12-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

That looks like a real good meal there. And its easy to make mistakes with salt on anything. But you can't beat someone trying that best to make it for you. Bacon wrapped venison... what could be better.