Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Been awhile...

Old 11-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Been awhile...

Hi all. It's been a real long time since I posted here. Too long. What a summer it's been. I got a .45 Encore barrel made by MGM and redid a bunch of stuff on it. Turned out to be a beautiful gun. Work was crazy busy over the summer so didn't get to shoot it much, then at the end of the summer my wife's dad died, so I've basically become responsible for the farm. Turns out that's a lot of work.
So to bring things up to now, today was opening day of muzzleloader season. I took my oldest out for his first time hunting. We didn't see anything, but then I can't say I expected to. The spot wasn't the best but it was close to the house that we could walk to without too much trouble. Either today or tomorrow I'll take him out to the blind on the food plot, or whats left of it. Deer have started hitting it pretty hard since the snow came. I have pictures of a couple does and a couple small bucks coming to it.
Even better, I put a camera up on a trail out back where I've never hunted before. Here's a couple pictures from it. I'm hoping to make it out there over the next week.
So that's where things are at. Hoping to post back soon with a picture of something on the ground.
Attached Thumbnails Been awhile...-prms0008.jpg   Been awhile...-prms0032.jpg   Been awhile...-prms0009.jpg  
Old 11-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey! Welcome back... Hope you had a great thanksgiving holiday and wishing a great holiday season coming for you and the family..

I think I would hunting that trail outback
Old 11-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Sabotloader. Good to hear from you again. Just saw the buck you killed. Outstanding rack on him.
Thanksgiving was good but hard. First major family event since her dad died. It was good to have the family together again but definitely an element of sadness.
But it's hunting season now so all is well.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Thanks Sabotloader. Good to hear from you again. Just saw the buck you killed. Outstanding rack on him.
Thanksgiving was good but hard. First major family event since her dad died. It was good to have the family together again but definitely an element of sadness.
But it's hunting season now so all is well.
Bet you a million dollars her dad was looking down wanting you all to enjoy the season. From his vantage point he gets to see it all and everyone as it is happening.

mike
Old 11-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good to see you back SK. Get that guy.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice to have you back. Good luck hunting for you and your son.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it.