Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

#11 cap fit?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Winchester caps? Those should work ok. I believe CCI makes those for Winchester.

What gun is this?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

If you fine rws caps they fit real tight have to pry them off. Never had a miss fire with them.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have you thought of musket caps? I use them now, and like how easy they are to get them off, but stay on good.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the problem solved at last. I found a #11 nipple made by MSM and the caps fit perfectly. They fit snug yet I can pull them off. They fit great.

I don't understand why there can't be a standard across the industry in all muzzleloading parts and accessories. It sure would make life easier.

Muley Hunter, I was going to go with musket caps then I find out how hard it is to find good caps. Seems the good ones are not being made and the CCIs have lowered the charge because of the reenactment thing. I thought this would be the easier route. We will seem I guess.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got lucky, and a new gun shop opened near me. He has very little BP stuff, but he has RSW musket caps. Sort of shocked me. I bought a bunch of them. Just $7.00 a hundred. He must have bought someone out, and bought them cheap.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muley, maybe we should breed our dogs and see what we get. I will wave the stud fee if we can split the pups.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a dog?