Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
offtopic, my new pups >

offtopic, my new pups

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

offtopic, my new pups

Old 08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default offtopic, my new pups

while I was not on, our dog for 9 years passed way last nov. she died of cancer in my lap.

a week later I I got izzy from the aspca. they misses was not happy with me.

month later we got max

max is on the right and izzy on the left

Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see you back Corey! I'm sure those dogs will live long and happy lives. Our dog, a Jack Russell/terrier mix was a shelter dog as well. We got her when she was 1-1/2 yrs. old back in 2005. She absolutely adores me for some darn reason even though my wife was the one who brought her home. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your last dog, I'm dreading the day when we have to say goodbye to the one we have now. You just become so attached to them it's like losing a family member.

BPS
Old 08-07-2014, 05:04 AM
Dominant Buck

loosing a beloved pet is never easy. I lost my dog four years ago and have never found the right one to take his place. There are other reasons in my case for not getting a pet yet. And some day, all of that will change.

I am sure the new pets will help fill the hole left by the loss of your dog. They look like fine animals. I am sure they will have a great life.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My sympathies for the loss of your dog.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

What breed of dog are they?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

max is a lab/collie mix

izzy is pug/boston terrior terrior mix
Old 08-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cute dogs. I just picked up a black lab pup 2 weeks ago. I kept telling my wife I needed another lab for a duck hunting buddy but I kept putting it off. All it took to get one home was looking at a litter of bouncing pups to melt both our hearts. But I forgot what a bundle of energy they are. But at least she is so easy to train. She was welped outside so housebreaking took just about a week with only 1/2 dozen or so accidents. She is sitting on command and retrieving tennis balls in the house. She sure keeps my 6 year old yellow lab on her toes.
I've lost several good pets (actually family members) and it breaks your heart. I know these will probably go before me and it will hurt all over again. But the time they spend with you is priceless.