Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Western Edition Knight Ultra-Light sabotlessly >

Western Edition Knight Ultra-Light sabotlessly

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Western Edition Knight Ultra-Light sabotlessly

Old 08-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Western Edition Knight Ultra-Light sabotlessly

I know it is not a word, but it works better for me versus 'less-the-sabot'. Anyway the experiment continues...

Anyway this morning I need to go shoot - I hate working it really interrupts my rec time. So even though it was to hot! really to hot to shoot - I went.

According to my range finder when I got to the Rock Pit is was 78 and warming very rapidly.

Decided I was running out of time quickly I just walked a bunch of birds to the rock wall as targets. Began loading and shooting...

I had knurled some bullets before getting here and I was ready to shoot. I knurled some Barnes XPB's 275 & 325 grain. Also some Lehigh and Bloodline bullets. I knurled the Barnes bullets with simple 'mil files' and from past experience I know I had to use an aggressive 'bastard' files on the Lehigh/Bloodlines.

The softer Barnes knurl very easily and I am able to get a lift on the surface of the bullet to get a diameter of 0.5015 to 0.502 on the other hand the Lehigh/Bloodline which are much harder and do not get the lift I need for a great grip on the lands...

More experimentation is needed on my part or hopefully Lehigh Dave will make one that will work with machined barbs like the ones on his original Lehigh sabotless bullet.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:44 PM
mountaineer magic

Seems to me you are working against your own name . You may have to change your user name if you perfect this .

Old 08-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
Seems to me you are working against your own name . You may have to change your user name if you perfect this .
quiet - I am thinking...

I should send you some of these 50 cal Lehigh sabotless - they shoot very from a White 504 Ultra Mag..
Old 08-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sir Knurles-A-Lot?
Old 08-03-2014, 06:41 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by sabotloader
quiet - I am thinking...

I should send you some of these 50 cal Lehigh sabotless - they shoot very from a White 504 Ultra Mag..
I just happen to have one I could stuff them down .

Old 08-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
I just happen to have one I could stuff them down .
I think you might like em... they seem to load easy but they also seem to shoot great...

Old 08-03-2014, 07:24 PM
mountaineer magic

That looks like a good combination , especially the 120 gr load .

Old 08-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

That is some real good shooting. Have you noticed any left over from them, in the bore of your barrel? I know when I tried loading some of them sabotless, they were hard to get moving. But once you got them going they did good.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
That is some real good shooting. Have you noticed any left over from them, in the bore of your barrel? I know when I tried loading some of them sabotless, they were hard to get moving. But once you got them going they did good.
Dave I have never noticed any problem or residue at all. The barrel cleans up as normal.

In my UMag they loaded very easily and in the White Lightning another 504 the load very nicely also.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I should have qualified my statement. I was trying them in my Knight Disc and my Black Diamond. I never saw the need to shoot them in a White.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.