Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

LHR Redemption

Old 10-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wideone
I just ordered the Redemption, but I did not see any option for the loose powder breach plug. I intend to shoot BH209. Do I need a different breach plug? If so, where do I find one.

Thanks

http://www.muzzle-loaders.com/access...der-primer.php
Old 10-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

I ordered mine from E Arthur Brown Co (eabco.com) and it's listed as a loose powder adaptor @$19.95. On the factory website they call it the Loose Powder Primer Adaptor @ $24.95. I'm very pleased with mine so far. It's still in the 90s here so not ble to get in much range time. The original scope mounts I bought did not move the scope back far enough to get a proper sight picture so it's at my gunsmith getting new rinds and some trigger work done. The factory tigger is clean and crisp, but breaks at 3 1/2 to 4 lbs. All 3 of my Knights are set at 2 1/2 lbs so I hope he can get it down a lb. The factory won't do it and tells you not to. It is the easiest mz to clean up that I have ever owned. and the breech plug works as advertised, no blow back, etc. I use nothing but BH 209. Once it cools down I need to work up a couple of loads. It's doing fairly well with 110 gr. BH 209, Federal 209A Primer and Hornady's 300 gr. SST. I plan to try Bob Parker's 300 gr Ballistic Extreme and Harvester's 300 gr PT Gold.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only one in the group here likes 250 grain bullets with 110 grains of BH it groups in a minute of angle with SST Barns and Lehigh 250 grain and comes close with deep curl 250 grain. It appears to be an excellent rifle I have shot it several time while helping him set up the trigger is very nice after it gets worn in.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the information. I ordered it as shown in the link above. I have been using my Omega until this gun. I bought it when they first came out and it has a ton of shots through it, now my youngest son will get to use it. I have been using 110 gr of BH, Barnes 250 EZ and Harvestor Black crushed rib sabots. Is this barrel tight? Maybe won't need the crushed ribs. Will do some work with it when it comes next week. Can't wait.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

I've been experimenting with Barnes(flat and boattail base), Parker BE's, Hornady SST's and Harvester's Scorpion PT Gold(all 290 or 300 gr) the last few weeks and I use Harvester Black Crush Rib sabots for all of them in my Knights and the Redemption; unless I'm shooting the Barnes SpitFire MZ or TMZ, and then I use the Yellow Crush Rib which are designed for boattail bullets. Their red sabot is too thick to use in any of my guns. I use 110 gr of BH209 and a Federal 209A primer. All the Knights have been converted to a bare primer breech pllug. Very good accuracy on all of them. I'm interested to see how they perform on game.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oops wrong topic

Last edited by Gm54-120; 10-11-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Got the redemption in this morning. She sure is purdy. I intend to take my Nikon BDS off the old gun for the Redemption and get a new one for the (now) kid's gun so he has something new to ogle. So I confess to have been less than perfect with the setup of the old gun, scope etc. It still gave me lots of meat and a bunch of heads on the wall. Want to mount this scope correctly for a change. What help with specs and wrenches (which I do not have) would be helpful. You guys are sure helpful
Old 11-22-2022, 12:52 PM
Spike

Default LHR Redemption

Originally Posted by pooldoc
After a lot of research I just ordered a new 50 cal LHR Redemption, with their optional loose powder breechplug for BH209 use. Would appreciate any load suggestions, bullet choices, sabots, tips on rifle, problems etc. This will be my first break action gun after shooting Knights for years so I'll be interested to see how I'll like it. Thanks.
Hi sorry to add on to your thread... but I have an LHR Redemption and it is great.... BUT I am having an issue with removing the breech plug after a few shots. It doesn't have to be tightly seized, but just the design with no threads and that breech plug position seated all the way flush... I pretty much have to use the sharp edge of a knife to dig it out.

Is there a better way to remove this breech plug?

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Sean