Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Black Knight

Old 01-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Spike

Default Black Knight

Hi guys,

who could tell me a word about this MZ? I have an opportunity to buy one in .50 but I know nothing about it.

Year of manufacturing? Is it a Mk-85? Twist? etc

Any info will be much appreciate.

Thansk, Mart

Last edited by Salar600; 01-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Black Knight I believe was the BK-92. It's basically a no frills, cheaped down version similar to the MK-85. I guess they came out in 1992, (hence the 92). I know they weren't around real long...they went away when the LK-93 became the less expensive gun of choice.

If I remember right, they came in black on black only. It should have the #11 cap setup, and has a 1:28 barrel.

If its in good condition and the price is good, it will probably make a nice gun.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Spike

Black stock and black barrel-action you are spot on.

Let see what the others have to say...
Old 01-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 54 cal BK 92 for over 20 years. The buck I killed in my Avatar is with that rifle. It was a tack driver with the 310 gr knight bullets. It has a birch stock but it was a great gun. I was teaching a Hunter ed class this year and a young man in the class was wanting to get into this so bad that after some trips shooting and getting to know him i gave the gun to him. I hope it treats him as well as it treated me.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Spike

I have one and it was my go to, favorite muzzleloader for many years. It too had the wood stock and I converted it over to a 209 breech plug. Worked great. My hunting partner called it "Old Faithful" because pretty much every time it went off in the woods a buck was on the ground. Great guns! If it weren't for the Knight DISC Extreme I would probably still be using it. If you can get it for a good price it would be a reliable muzzleloader for you.