Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Sling for T/C New Englander >

Sling for T/C New Englander

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Sling for T/C New Englander

Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sling for T/C New Englander

Anyone have any recommendations on a sling. I saw the kit which comes with a thimble with a stud and another that screws into the stock. I would like to stay away from any drilling or hole making. I am sure there are ones that can be tied and perhaps as resourceful as many of you are, you have made your own. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cherokee75
Anyone have any recommendations on a sling. I saw the kit which comes with a thimble with a stud and another that screws into the stock. I would like to stay away from any drilling or hole making. I am sure there are ones that can be tied and perhaps as resourceful as many of you are, you have made your own. Thanks for the input.
cherokee75,

Here are a couple to consider...

http://www.rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

Click on Black powder leather goods on the left and then click on Leather slings. Scroll down to item# ML275 and item# ML066

I have the ML066 sling on several rifles. It's a very rugged sling that requires no drilling or altercations.

BPS
Old 12-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Depending on how much you want to spend, there are options. I have a cheap sling I use on a Rene and a Hawken. It just has a slip loop on each end. The sling is made of nylon and the loops are leather lined to prevent slipping. One end goes around the barrel and the other around the pistol grip portion of the stock.

You can pick them up at Walmart or the like and they slip off easily when not needed